Very OT.....

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
....This is a real test of the hive mind but let's give it a go.

I live in a block/coverted Victorian building with 4 flats in it and we manage it ourselves. I am 1 of 2 Directors of the management company we set up and someone recently sold up and moved on. THis is the 1st time someone has moved and I am now supposed to issue a new "Certificate of Membership" for the company which we all have a share in which manages the building.

The only thing is that I don't know where to get a blank certificate template from. I could photocopy the old one and white out the names, re copy etc but it's not a very good copy in the 1st place. Is there anywhere I can get a certificate like this? May be something on the net? I have tried Googling to no avail...

Basically the certificate says

"Certificate fo Membership
(A Company limited by guarantee and not having a share capital)
This is to certify that xxxxxxxxx of xxxxaddressxxxx is a member of the above names company sunject to the memorandum and articles of association thereof.

Given under the common seal of the company this XXXdateXXX
Signed - xxxx Director"
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    As you can see exactly what it is meant to look like, and are allowed to issue your own, can't you just knock one up in Word or Powerpoint or whatever?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Headhuunter
    pangolin wrote:
    As you can see exactly what it is meant to look like, and are allowed to issue your own, can't you just knock one up in Word or Powerpoint or whatever?

Hmmm.... May be! Anyone?
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Pretty sure our management co. just does them on the standard headed paper with the same details as you have.
  • Headhuunter
    spasypaddy wrote:
    try this
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/hio3ps

basic template from my company sec software

What's that supposed to be? Computer at worked blocked me from accessing it so I went to a standalone PC but all it did was downloaded something called iLivid which seems to be a way of watching videos... Am I missing something?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,337
    The stationery is easy, just type something up - it just needs to contain the right information. You might also want to get a small amount of professional advice to make sure there isn't anything else that you need to do/avoid.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    spasypaddy wrote:
    try this

What's that supposed to be? Computer at worked blocked me from accessing it so I went to a standalone PC but all it did was downloaded something called iLivid which seems to be a way of watching videos... Am I missing something?
    give me an email addy or email spasypaddy@gmail.com and i'll just email the attachment, its a very basic and empty share certificate
  • Headhuunter
    spasypaddy wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    try this

give me an email addy or email spasypaddy@gmail.com and i'll just email the attachment, its a very basic and empty share certificate

OK thanks a lot, will email you...
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    spasypaddy wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    try this

Just check that this isn't a share certificate, because (based on your first post) yours is not a company limited by shares, it's a company limited by guarantee, which doesn't issue shares. Basically the wording in your original post is what you want, just type it up with the company's name and other details (and without the typos :) ). And, if you haven't already, check the company's articles of association to make sure any other formalities for a change of membership have been done.

Edit: and record the change of members in teh company's Register of Members
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Have you looked on the Companies House website? They might have something you can use.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Ian.B yeah its a basic share cert, but its in word so its completely editable and looks a bit more formal than just a piece of headed paper.