Buckled Rear Wheel

PaulS77
PaulS77 Posts: 48
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi

After a bit of guidance on what it should cost me to get a buckled wheel trued. It's a Mavic 317 rim, one spoke is broken and the video here shows how it runs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2MkcvEK ... e=youtu.be

Realise that asking how much it would cost is like asking how long is a piece of string, but any opinions on what would be reasonable would be appreciated and also advice on how many spokes should be replaced, just the broken one or the ones around it too?

Thanks, Paul

Comments

• antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    It's no big deal, usually under a tenner to get a spoke replaced.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just replacing the spoke may well true it up, in fact whenever I've broken a spoke it has.....75p for a spoke and half and hour to do it!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • PaulS77
    Thanks for the replies. If I try replacing the spoke myself can I screw it up and make the wheel worse?

Cheers, Paul
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    PaulS77 wrote:
    If I try replacing the spoke myself can I screw it up and make the wheel worse?
    Yes, but replacing a spoke is pretty easy, just have a look at the park tools website or some youtube videos for guidance before getting started and you'll be fine.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • PaulS77
    Cool, thanks mate