Mehnday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

Well, having got up and emptied the dishwasher of everything that isn't mine, I'm in a thoroughly bad mood. That mixed with a cold and a bad nights sleep means today is not going to be a good one.
Back to work today. Only had 2 days off, so let's see what blew up and who died.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

well, after a week away chilling out in cornwall i've come back to work to realise i do not give a rats ass about what i do for a living. i have loads to catch up on but cba!!!

i am seriously thinking of moving to cornwall, what's the riding like around newquay?

anyway, onwards to millions of emails and not giving a shit
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

We've got proper internet at the house finally, and TV too. Winner. Today is uni meh, lots of learning about parasites, again. Fun times. Aside from that I remembered yesterday about several deadlines I have coming up that I've done nothing about yet. Think this week will be a busy one.

I'm just getting over a bout of man flu, hopefully when it's cleared I'll be able to get out properly on the mountain bike around this place, until now I've either just been using the road bike or feeling too crap to ride. Need to get out properly and find some decent trails, the south must have some decent trails right?!?

Laters
  • welshkev
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

. Need to get out properly and find some decent trails, the south must have some decent trails right?!?

Laters

south of where? south wales has some great trails :wink:
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' Fiddlers

Late start this morning as I'm heading off for a training course for our new machine. Its off-site and apperently the course starts with coffee and pastries. Very civilised!

Onwards! To caffiene! And a cinnamon swirl!

........or six
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    welshkev wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

. Need to get out properly and find some decent trails, the south must have some decent trails right?!?

Laters

south of where? south wales has some great trails :wink:

Barsteward. The proper... flat... south :cry:
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning ladies,

still on holiday, woke up and looking out over Plymouth harbour, quite relaxing! Mummy 13 should have bacons on in the next few minutes then its the what are we doing today meeting!
    Options are, wander around plymouth and visit a Ho' or maybe do some national trust visit (weather dependant i s'pose!)

Anyhoo hope you all enjoy your day at work/uni etc.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    A good weekend was had at the parents house with large cooked breakfasts and roast dinners. Bacons same so much tastier when you're not doing the cooking / washing up.

Another Monday morning rolls around and, as yet, I have no feeling of CBA. Now this is unusual for me on a Monday. I'm sure things will sort themselves out in due course.

Tea is ready.

Later......
  • welshkev wrote:
    morning all,

well, after a week away chilling out in cornwall i've come back to work to realise i do not give a rats ass about what i do for a living.

I only had 2 days off and feel exactly the same! I really don't like my job.

I do often wonder what it would be like to have a job where I truely enjoyed going to work. I've heard some people say it, but I just can't believe it!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Manning the phones this morning to Superstar/Wiggle/Superstar possibly after yesterdays riding. Managed to get very sideways and ping a large rock off my rim, which has put a terminal dent in the rim and a small tear in my tyrewall. Add to that my dropper turning itself into a suspension post then yesterdays ride was a bit of fail. It wouldnt be so bad if it wasn't just the Verderers at FOD.

Popping back to Wolves later on today before gtting my arris in gear to go back to work tommorrow, ah well 3 weeks to go until i'm off again, even I can cope with that.....I think
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Morning homos.

Knees are a little sore after my road ride yeasterday. I'm going to assume it's a good thing though and carry on as normal.
    Got a shorter ride planned for tonight.

Until then, I get to spend the day justifying my forecasts to picky regional managers who can't count past 10 without taking their socks off.

Laters douchebags
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    morning all,

well, after a week away chilling out in cornwall i've come back to work to realise i do not give a rats ass about what i do for a living.

I do often wonder what it would be like to have a job where I truely enjoyed going to work. I've heard some people say it, but I just can't believe it!

it's not the job really, my job is quite enjoyable sometimes. it's just that i'm working for someone else, conforming to there BS routines and regulations and making them rich :lol:

i do have my own business aswell that's still in it's infancy really, but fingers crossed it'll start making money soon and i can at least go freelance and pick and choose when i work :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Meh

Audit clearance meeting today, so lots of grief

Got to get away sharpish as got an evening thing on corporate finance - hell yeah
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning dribblers...

Spent 12hrs saturday night/sunday morning in a 4 man team riding in circles round Thetford forest, luckily no rain this year although still muddy in parts due to the deluge of the previous day.

... I am still knackered

... I am still hungry, despite stuffing myself last night and this morning... mmm food, om nom nom
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    welshkev wrote:
    morning all,

It's vile malicious lies to make you feel bad.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,530
    Afternoon Missing Links,

Been out all day on school related stuff again :roll: went to the last of the open days of the schools touting for our kids place, then on the way out found out they'd already locked the gate we came in by - cue losts of faffing around trying to get let out in the pi$$ing rain :evil:

Now feeling lazy but have 3 different interviews to prep for over the next 3 days so better get my ar$e in gear!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    welshkev wrote:
    i am seriously thinking of moving to cornwall, what's the riding like around newquay?
    Make sure you have a job first, mentally hard to find work there, i was traveling from Newquay to Helston every day for work then working in the central at night to just pay the bills.
    As for riding, i was more skate and surf oriantated when i was living there, so not sure, but plenty of hills, not much woodage though. One of my mates lived in Bodmin and rode with the Cornawll freeriders so there must be something there?

Anyway Morning.
    Work Meh, 2 weeks 3 days to go.

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    well hello there packers of fudge.

after a 5h1te 4 nights at work, 2 of which i should of been allowed stay at home for what work we did, totally enjoy sorting others crappy work out have also decided i couldn't care less anymore ! it's not what you know,its how many inches can fit into a gob!!!!!. sort of in a "wanting to beat the crud out of my neighbour " kinda attitude too, anyhoo onwards to chicken dinner with all the trimmings, and catch up on my shameless, celeb juice etc etc........ poss ride 2mora weather pending :oops: