DHB pads

alihisgreat
alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
I've got some DHB Aeron pro summer shorts.. and I'm looking at some DHB vaeon roubaix shorts for the autumn..

but given that the 'tour' pad in the aeron pros isn't that thick.. I'm a little concerned about the cheaper 'giro' pad in the vaeon shorts...

can anyone with experience of both pads shed any light?

Comments

• IShaggy
    IShaggy Posts: 301
    The 'cheaper' pad in the Vaeon shorts is thicker - and therefore less comfortable IMO. But we're all different I guess. There's a guide on the sales page here - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-vaeon-rouba ... bib-short/

I've got the 3/4 Vaeon roubaixs - which I use autumn, spring , and winter when the temp gets below 10 degrees. I much prefer them to full length tights and even wear them when it gets below freezing - with a good pair of merino wool socks.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    IShaggy wrote:
    The 'cheaper' pad in the Vaeon shorts is thicker - and therefore less comfortable IMO. But we're all different I guess. There's a guide on the sales page here - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-vaeon-rouba ... bib-short/

I've got the 3/4 Vaeon roubaixs - which I use autumn, spring , and winter when the temp gets below 10 degrees. I much prefer them to full length tights and even wear them when it gets below freezing - with a good pair of merino wool socks.

Snap
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    I have a set of Vaeons. Absolutely fine for up to 40 miles or so. Couldn't tell you beyond that.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    I have last years DHB roubaix longs and the Aeron Pro bib shorts. No question that the shorts are much better particularly the longer you ride. Having said that my Castelli shorts are significantly more comfortable at 40+ miles than the DHBs. The Roubaix longs are a nice fit and quite toasty and i don't tend to ride as far in the winter.
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    I've got the Pace Roubaix tights with the same pad. Looking at Wiggle site these appear to be the same tight as the Vaeon, new name for 2012/3. I've found these to be v comfortable if the weather is on the cooler side. If weather too warm the build up of heat in the nether regions begins to take its toll. The summer DHBs Aeron Race that I have supposedly have the same pad as the Pace, which is even quicker to heat up.

Too be honest, I'm happy to stick with the Pace Roubaix - so the Vaeon should be OK - but I'm going to uptrade for better summer shorts next year.
    Someone's just passed me again
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Just ordered:

1x Vaeon Roubaix Bibshort
    1x Merino baselayer SS
    1x SIS Go Electrolyte lemon and lime (18x sachets)

But I'm most excited about the Haribo

(thats £80 though! not cheap!)