Dolan

mesands159
mesands159 Posts: 12
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi

Any one on here riding a Dolan road bike? especially the Tuono and the Ares. looking at getting one but want to know what people think before i part with my money.

any advice would be greatly recived.
Dolan Ares SL. (An Post colours)

Comments

• mesands159 wrote:
    Hi

Any one on here riding a Dolan road bike? especially the Tuono and the Ares. looking at getting one but want to know what people think before i part with my money.

any advice would be greatly recived.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with one of Terry's frames/bikes..plenty of lads ride them around here in Lancashire as well as many on the track I've seen on TV coverage..as a former frame builder and built {531 SL steel} frame for me in the 80's at HARRY QUINN's{and is still ridden} beleave me he know his stuff
  • I am on my second Hercules, and have a Dual and a Preffisio. My wife has a Mythos. All great bikes to ride, and Dolan's customer service is second to none, especially if you can get to the showroom/workshops.

http://garstangcyclingclub.net
  • Chris James
    Chris James Posts: 1,040
    A mate has just got a Dual (which I belileve is effectively a Tuono with room for guards), and is very pleased with it. It certainly looks the part too.
  • I recently picked up a Tuono SE frame direct from them, cheap on ebay. Cheap because it had a small piece of carbon off cut loose in one of the seat stays and it rattled. Dolan still gave me a 2 year warranty with it though. First ride it found a home and that's where its stayed :-) no rattle.

I have found it to be a really nimble and quite aggressive road bike. It's my first carbon frame and it's a lot more comfier that my previous alu frame, taking out the majority of the road buzz. Very responsive and stiff when you put the power down. Overall I am over the moon with the build quality and the frame in general.

Have done 400 miles on it the last 6 weeks so I am still in the honeymoon period :D

Regrets - None
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    I have a carbon Mythos, which I've had for a few weeks and I adore it (SRAM Rival). Definitely the best customer service you will find anywhere as we'll.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • Hanners
    Hanners Posts: 260
    Ive been looking at the Ares but the sizing looks a bit odd (size 48 with a 530 top tube), but like the look of them and all reviews seem good. Plus the custom paint choice looks good.
  • Matt_as
    Matt_as Posts: 84
    The sizing for the Ares seems to give just the actual seat tube length, but the frames are quite compact so the important measurements are really the effective top tube length and head tube length. The 48cm seat tube frame actually comes with a 54.5 top tube according to the site. So it is probably more like an equivalent 54cm frame.
  • Took a trip to the Dolan showroom today and was very impressed with the quality of the frames and also the customer service. Chap helped size me up and I have now ordered an Ares SL with SRAM force and mavic askiums. Just got to sit tight and wait for delivery.
    Dolan Ares SL. (An Post colours)