Adspeak

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
"at Esso we pride ourselves on developing fuels that work at a molecular level"

Well I'm glad of that, I'd hate to think that your petrol is only useful as a counterweight Esso.
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Why Have Cotton When You Can Have Silk ?

- Galaxy chocolate...

...sounds like pants to me :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Andrex: gets the sh1t off your @rse and your finger won't go through.

A Viz classic from back in the day. Never sure if it was a true Andrex advert or not.
  • SimonAH wrote:
    "at Esso we pride ourselves on developing fuels that work at a molecular level"

Well I'm glad of that, I'd hate to think that your petrol is only useful as a counterweight Esso.

Yeah I had a good laugh when I first saw that utter rubbish in an Esso ad. The scary thing is that there was probably much back-slapping at the meeting where the ad was given the green light.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Errr.... so you guys have just noticed that 90% (est) of all adverts are utter tosh? Welcome to the real world!
  • Pentafuckingpeptides.
  • So your skin cream has been developed by dermatologists has it?! Well thanks smeg for that, for a moment I thought you were going to try to sell me skin cream that had been developed by central-heating "engineers" or astrophysicists or trainee welders!
  • One of my snake oil favourites is "inspired by DNA".

My cycling performance is "inspired by" Bradley Wiggins!
  • Gussio wrote:

A Viz classic from back in the day. Never sure if it was a true Andrex advert or not.

Er.. no. I wish the 'Salad Thief' was real though.

The ones that get me are the ones that say 'Research approved by the British Skin Foundation' and crap like that, as if such a thing even exists.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Gussio wrote:

Er.. no. I wish the 'Salad Thief' was real though.

The ones that get me are the ones that say 'Research approved by the British Skin Foundation' and crap like that, as if such a thing even exists.
    I'm sure it will exist, but is probably staffed by less than five people and will probably only have one client.

There is an advert for some some girly cosmetic snake oil which says "100% of women who tested it noticed a difference." not an improvement, a difference. Does that include an allergic reaction, extra wrinkles, massive hair growth?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    There is an advert for some some girly cosmetic snake oil which says "100% of women who tested it noticed a difference." not an improvement, a difference. Does that include an allergic reaction, extra wrinkles, massive hair growth?

i love the way they only "ask" about 20 people aswell
    Keeping it classy since '83