RockShox Reverb requires frequent bleeding

flappy8
flappy8 Posts: 172
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,
I have a Reverb which to use is a brilliant bit of kit. However it seems to need bleeding every month or so othwise it refuses to ris, and I always get more air out.

Is this something that just happens with these or should I expect it to stay well bled? How do other fare with these?
MTB or Road - They are both good!

Comments

• it's broken....take it back. Had mine 10 months now and not one single bleed
  • How old is it?

The earlier models had a rubber barb cover (where the hydralic line enters the post) that meant the barb could be 'wiggled' by the hose, over time weakening it until it breaks. This would then allow hydraulic fluid out, meaning that the post would stop working (i.e. depressing the button would not mean you can raise or lower the saddle - pushing the lever would force fluid out of the system rather than applying pressure to the relevant post internals). I broke mine and it was fixed under warrantee. Do you have any signs of a leak around that area? If you are out of warrantee I think you can buy the new part but it's worth trying to get a replacement FOC if you ask me...

The newer posts have a metal cover to prevent the above happening...

From what you describe I would think it is some kind of leak in the hydraulic system...
  • flappy8
    flappy8 Posts: 172
    Hiya, no sign of any leakage and the hoses seem tight. The air gets in at the post end and on bleeding this morning before I went out there was a fair bit there.
    I'm going to assume its broken and take it back.
    Thanks
    MTB or Road - They are both good!