tyre rotation

hainman
hainman Posts: 699
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
i recently bought a conti rubber queen(just the cheapy) and put it on the wrong way round...DOH!!,i have rode it a cpl of times on canal paths and it seems ok but going to glentress tomorrow and im wondering if it will make it run like a coo and should i put it the right way round or just leave it,i dont want to comprimise the grip in anyway

thanks

craig
Giant Reign 2
Crohnie

Comments

• put it on the right way you'll wear the tyre out quicker if you leave as it is. i couldn't say about the amount of grip but i'd imagine that you get more grip putting it on the right way
  • hainman
    thanks i will swap it round,only reason i ask is ive read ppl using front tyres as rear and vice versa
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Only you will really know. I have some conti's which it says to run different ways depending on front or rear.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Only you will really know. I have some conti's which it says to run different ways depending on front or rear.
    That's to give you braking grip on the front and drive grip at the rear.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • hainman
    its on the rear i have it so its best to go in the direction it suggests??
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes, but despite what petriodet says you on't wear it out faster....

The front rotation direcion is designed to maximise grip if it locks and your sliding, the rear if you 'wheelspin' it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.