What are the weights of the Rockrider bikes?

omarm
omarm Posts: 73
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Can someone tell me what the weights of the Rockrider bikes are on Decathlon are?
They seem to be missing this information

I've Googled and can find weights - but for older models
I'm sure the weight would be the same for the new ones - it just would be nice to have it confirmed on their website

Thanks

Omar

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Which ones are you looking at?
  • Deleted - please don't post things that are not related to the question.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Which flies contrary to most peoples experience, and will be almost totally store dependant!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • When you are on the website, click on the bike you are interested and there is a spanner icon near the bottom of the page, click that and it gives you the detailed spec+weight. Since checking this I have now seen my bike on sale for £60 less, argh!
  • omarm
    thanks for all the replies. i didn't get notification of having had replies to the question, else would have replied
    PaulOliver wrote:
    When you are on the website, click on the bike you are interested and there is a spanner icon near the bottom of the page, click that and it gives you the detailed spec+weight. Since checking this I have now seen my bike on sale for £60 less, argh!
    i've done this. on the current website, only the 5.2 has weights stated when u click on the spanner

5.1, 5.3, 6.0 don't have weights
    didn't look at others

anyone know why the weights are missing?

i had my mind made up to go for the 5.1
    but then i read really good reviews for the 5.2 (which is out of stock for my size anyway), it's only £50 more
    5.3 i would love, but at this moment in time beyond my budget
  • Contact Decathlon, or bring some scales with you when you visit! Weights are probably missing because they are low end bikes, so most people buying them wont be that concernd about weight.

I have the 6.3, which is close enough to the spec of the 5.3 apart from the frame being the most significant difference (also only £290 right now, a steal!). 6.3 is 16kg, so remove at least 1.5kg for the extra frame and shock weight and you have a rough weight for the 5.3 :)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    And the fork, the XCR on the 5.3 is a nice step up. Also the 5.3 is 27 speed.

The 5.2 weighs 13.6kg

The 5.3 is about 14.5kg.
  • omarm
    @supersonic, thanks for that
    13.6kg sounds great
    the previous years 5.2 is given as 13.8kg - http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-52 ... nformation
    5.2 2012 is £30 more - is it a lot better than the previous??
    i'm sure 200g won't make any difference to a beginner :)

either way, less than 14kg sounds awesome to me
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I believe the Carrera Vulcan comes in at 13.4Kg (source MBUK group test) which is the nearest competitor.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • omarm
    Carrera Vulcan looks pretty good
    but (i know some will shoot me down for saying this) the rockrider 'looks' better! :)
    that's why i'd always go with that if nothing else was different
    if it was far superior on the other hand... then i'd consider