OT: The return of the crimson short one

iclestu
iclestu Posts: 503
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
Red Dwarf is back on Dave!!!

Soooooo long coming. Any other 'Dwarfers' out there?

As ever, Rimmer (or as he claimed last night "Cpt. Arnold J. Rimmer, holder of the Golden Oblong of Pluck") has the best lines.

So how a bit of Friday fun.... What's your favourite Red Dwarf Quote ever?

For me, its gotta be:
Rimmer wrote:
A little wine, a little laughter, then its back to his place for coffee and a game of chess. Before you know it, she's sandwiched between two bishops and her queen's exposed to an attack from the rear.
FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Always will be:

When you're younger you can eat what you like, drink what you like, and still climb into your 26" waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age, 24-25, your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag, and without any warning at all you're suddenly a fat bastard
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Really just hoping it's not going to be as cringe-worthy as the "Back to Earth" special they did a while back. Have been watching some of the re-runs with number one son, it really was superb back in the day.

Oh, and it has to be:

Rimmer: Go to red-alert!
    Kryten: Are you sure, Sir? It does mean changing the light-bulb.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    fawlty towers knew when to stop....

i maybe wrong on this but i reckons its going to be a cheese fest, hope its not though

smoke me a kipper!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • iclestu
    mudcow007 wrote:
    fawlty towers knew when to stop....

i maybe wrong on this but i reckons its going to be a cheese fest, hope its not though

smoke me a kipper!

Last nights episode was good. Was better than the back to earth thing by a country mile.

Besides - the setup and characters in Red Dwarf are so ridiculous (and still outrageously funny with it) that they can get away with cheese where others cannot IMHO.

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Have to say that I loved yesterdays Episode. The bit about a Swedish Man and the Moose was classic dwarf as was Lister's tantrum when he finally got through to complain on the phone but couldn't get to it. - I'm having that issue with EDF.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • iclestu
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Have to say that I loved yesterdays Episode. The bit about a Swedish Man and the Moose was classic dwarf as was Lister's tantrum when he finally got through to complain on the phone but couldn't get to it. - I'm having that issue with EDF.

+1

Back to its best (or at least close enough to really enjoy) IMO

No quote to share with us, DDD?

• FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Thought you were referring to Rick and his red strides!! ;)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,061
    From the first episode of Series I:
    "Todhunter: There are 169 people on this ship. You, Rimmer, are over one man. Why can't you two get on?
    Lister: You see, I try, sir. I'm not an insubordinate man by nature. I try and respect Rimmer and everything but it's not easy, 'cos he's such a smeghead!
    Rimmer: Did you hear that, sir? Lister, do you have any conception of the penalty for describing a superior technician as a smeghead?
    Todhunter: [chuckling] Oh, Rimmer... You are a smeghead!"
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • First 8 series on sale at Amazon for £19
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    I love red dwarf, thought that the new episode was good. I wouldnt be surprised if it got slated in reviews though because its old fashioned comedy.