Route suggestions: Putney Bridge to Oxford Circus

alan_sherman
alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
That there London help please. New office puts me at the top of Regents street and after some views of good routes from Putney Bridge to Oxford Circus. I've tried a couple and its not a great experience:

Kings Road to Exhibition Road, cross the serpentine and North Carriageway drive to Marble Arch and Oxford Street. Seems long, and Oxford Street is rubbish as you get stuck in the queue of busses. Side Road to the north still doesn't make it a nice route as it takes ages.

Kings Road, Buckingham Palace, Mall, St James' street to Regents Street. This has promise but getting from St James' street to Regent's street seems tricky to do legally (no right turn and one way street issues).

Coming home is trickier as I keep ending up at Hyde Park Corner which is horrible! Alternatives I've tried are crossing Park Lane and going into the Park but I ended up heading North to get into the Park. Also cycling on that cycle route is really rubbish (pedestrians / poor cycling). South Carriage way drive is a decent stretch but does seem to be taking me out of the way. Yet to try dropping down to the Mall but know that the one way bits around Buckingham Palace and Victoria can be a pain Westbound.

So any suggestions commuter posse?

Comments