Favourite Bond Movie

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    I find it easier to pick the ones that really annoyed me, Moonraker and Die Another Day. I realise you have to suspend disbelief a little for Bond sometimes with gadgets etc. but the space scene at end of Moonraker with laser guns and the invisible car in Die Another Day really tested me...the car especially so, I remember thinking 'wtf..this isn't Star Trek!!!'.

Die Another Day was the worst for me. The first half had all the makings of a classic, brilliant pre-title sequence with the surfing and then it gets to the ice palace part where everything looks so fake. The worst bit was the kite surfing scene, the effects looked like an homage to the 1960s back projection! The only reasons I've watched in more than once are Halle Berry and, mainly, Rosamund Pike who is possibly the second sexiest Bond girl of all time after Diana Rigg (toss up between her and Sophie Marceau).
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    A lot of love here for Diana Rigg and rightly so. A few years ago she was given an honorary degree at Notts Uni. My Missus was working there and got to meet her, she said she was absolutely stunning and had great presence even though she was no spring chicken at the time. Any time a woman praises another woman you know you are talking about a class act.

I don't know how to post piccies but if anyone can post some Diana Rigg photos from The Avengers or OHMSS it would be greatly appreciated.

Rude not to

940620tumblrlno86vUDWm1qjgsg5o1400.jpg

diana-rigg-as-mrs-emma-peel-tv-progs-the-avengers-april-1965-photographic-print-19351956.jpeg

On-Her-Majestys-Secret-Service-Tracy-Diana-Rigg-gun.png
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,627
    Pross wrote:
    A lot of love here for Diana Rigg and rightly so. A few years ago she was given an honorary degree at Notts Uni. My Missus was working there and got to meet her, she said she was absolutely stunning and had great presence even though she was no spring chicken at the time. Any time a woman praises another woman you know you are talking about a class act.

I don't know how to post piccies but if anyone can post some Diana Rigg photos from The Avengers or OHMSS it would be greatly appreciated.

Rude not to

940620tumblrlno86vUDWm1qjgsg5o1400.jpg

diana-rigg-as-mrs-emma-peel-tv-progs-the-avengers-april-1965-photographic-print-19351956.jpeg

On-Her-Majestys-Secret-Service-Tracy-Diana-Rigg-gun.png
    Well played Sir :-D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    I like all of them if im honest,but Golden Eye is one of my favourites.

I didnt go a lot on Quantum of solice....
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    OHMSS obviously (Lazenby isn't so bad - he just compared badly against Connery). Then prolly From Russia with Love.

Quantum stinks more than a stinky thing that's been left out on a hot day and shouldn't have been. The Brosnans have generally been painful except Goldeneye.
    Faster than a tent.......