Complete Noob! Serious FAIL.

J_asonR
J_asonR Posts: 55
edited October 2012 in MTB beginners
Hi guys and girls(the few that I've noticed on here),

So I've just been out for my first XC ride on my old Saracen Mantra 1 which I've been doing up over the past month to get it rolling again..

All it really needed was a new crank set, tinkering with the brakes, new tubes and little bit of help on the gearing from the LBS.

1zflo5g.jpg

Anyway, back to todays ride... So in the end it clocked in at around 20kms in probably about 80mins plus a couple of 5 minute stops.. Which to me sounds quite a long time, not sure what an average is though and I wouldn't say I was going too slow...

Anyway, the ride was coming to an end, with about 3 kms to go till home, and I decided that instead of getting off to walk through a small gateway I would try and roll over a small bridleway step over thing for horses (I'm sure if you've been out on bridleway you've probably seen the things), and the below happened... I lifted the front wheel over but probably a bit high and slammed down on the outer chain ring! Luckily it bent outwards and not inwards otherwise I would have been walking the rest of the way home and wouldn't be able to ride it until I got a new chain ring.. Luckily, I didn't use the outer one much so I won't really be needing it in the near future, or at least before I can get a replacement..

4rco4l.jpg

Anyway, that's the story, tell me your thoughts on this epic FAIL and whether you've had similar experiences?!

Comments