Coppa Sabatini ****Spoiler****

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited October 2012 in Pro race
Duarte (Colombia Coldeportes) wins via sprint from 6 man breakaway.

(really clutching at straws to find racing to talk about now :cry: )

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Ah, the race that Ricco won in 2010

semaineinternationale_2010_3d.jpg

That win brings CC's victory ranking to a rubbish 6. I expected good things from them but they performed very badly this year imo. There are a ton of small teams, PROF teams, that have higher tallies.

What do you make of their performance LL?

This is the only thing I remember from them:

321-PIC273749467-crop-1.jpg

Being a pure Columbian climbers squad I was hoping for a ton of Rujano's.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    yeah I am pretty much in agreement with you Frenchie - not the best of years though Duarte and Chavez do look like ones to watch - also a lack of invites and especially no Grand Tour action hasn't helped their cause. Would be good to see them maybe in the Giro next year and hunting for some stage wins, but we will see what happens in way of invites next year - based on this years results they may find getting invites even harder.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    I suspect that comment about them being a team of Colombian climbers may explain their lack of success - even on the hilliest of races you need a bit more than a team of climbers. Euskatel are slightly more balanced but again I suspect that this is why they don't win very regularly.
  • Vachon takes the win and spoils the party for the sprinters
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    I'm confused now - the OP says Duarte won and now Vachon won or are we talking about another race now??
  • oops, bugger - my mistake :oops:
  • frenchfighter
    coppa_sabatini_2012_bis.jpg
    coppa_sabatini_2012.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Also they don't have a lot of great Colombian climbers. They have a some very promising Colombian climbers (Atapuma, Chaves), and some promising Colombian climbers (Pantano, Quintero, Romero), but the best Colombian climbers are elsewhere.

Duarte is really their only rider you'd expect to be there or thereabouts in big races in 2012.
  • frenchfighter
    The whole team is about climbers from Colombia. They say so themselves. Check out what their 'motto' is.

Obv there are other Colombian climbers. I never said otherwise.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Rai 2 were supposed to have highlights this evening but it doesn't look like that's on anymore. Any one know if there on at a later time?
  • frenchfighter
    Will post if I come across them unless someone else does.

Photos:
    http://www.steephill.tv/2012/coppa-saba ... s/page-01/

Giro dell'Emilia on Sat. Contador should have given it a shot.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    The whole team is about climbers from Colombia. They say so themselves. Check out what their 'motto' is.

Obv there are other Colombian climbers. I never said otherwise.

My point was it was unfair to expect a lot of results from that team this year. Duarte aside, their best riders are young riders still making their way.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    The Colombians doing very, very well in the Italian autumn semi-classics :o

Uran wins Piemonte, Henao 3rd
    Duarte wins Sabatini, Rubiano 2nd
    Betancur 5th in both Piemonte and Milano-Torino
    And in Lombardy Uran was 3rd and Henao 5th

Emilia and Beghelli still to come
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    I recorded the RAI2 program but found I just got the round-up program, Radiocorsa, which did have a few minutes on it.
    Names mentioned at the finale included Sinkewitz and Rebellin - Brit Dvid McLean also rides for the Meridiana team but not sure he started this race.
  • andyrr wrote:
    I recorded the RAI2 program but found I just got the round-up program, Radiocorsa, which did have a few minutes on it.
    Names mentioned at the finale included Sinkewitz and Rebellin - Brit Dvid McLean also rides for the Meridiana team but not sure he started this race.

Talking of those particular riders and yday's race, very amusing tweets last night from Danny Pate and Richie Porte who both rode yday...

Danny Pate @TheDPate: What do Davide Rebellin, Patrik Sinkewitz, Franco Pelliozotti, Gabriele Bosisio & Emanuele Sella all have in common? Other than Facebook

Danny Pate @TheDPate: Winner winner RT: @Vlaanderen90 They all had the pleasure of racing against you today. Also they are unrepentent douches.

Richie Porte replying to Pate: Controversial...But I like it!
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Not sure that DPATE's totally correct - did Sinkewitz not have at least a degree of repentance ? Not so sure about the others tho'