back on the bike after a few months being bikeless

ol\'gregg
ol\'gregg Posts: 612
edited October 2012 in MTB beginners
Morning.
Well after selling my Focus self build at the end of July and with funds being tight after a move out of Cardiff back to Cwmbran and my girlfriend moving to Somerset for her new job. I managed to scrape some money together for a new bike and i've just taken delivery of a Carrera Vulcan 2012. Great bike for the cash as I managed to pick i up for £330 from H*****ds. Now i'm not wanting to knock H*****ds as I bought it from the branch I worked in many moons ago but after a quick check I noticed that the pedals hadn't been screwed in the cable for the front mech wasn't routed properly, the tyres were not pumped up and they hadn't bothered to remove the bubble wrap from under the brake levers. So I had a moan and walked away with a £10 voucher and 3 cans of GT85 (i'd already got £50 knocked of the price of the bike but felt like being cheeky) i sorted the problems myself (well not really problems just basic stuff) and all is well in the world. Not had chance to get out on it yet but i've got the day off tomorrow so hopefully take a spin then.
Now to dig out the waterproofs and get out on a few rides. My grilfriend lives by the Quantocks so will be taking it down there on the weekend.

Just out of interest anyone know any good routes around the Minehead area?? nothing to heavy going :D
gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth

Comments

• waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    Can't you write 'Halfords'?!
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • ol\'gregg
    No.. No I can't.. But thanks for posting
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If he does he starts to shake and sweat profusely......my daughter is a H*****ds employee so I recognise the symptoms.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    Now i'm not wanting to knock H*****ds as I bought it from the branch I worked in many moons ago
        i sorted the problems myself
        are you sure ? maybe best to get it checked over by a professional :D
        Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
      • The Rookie
        The Rookie Posts: 27,812
        I call foul on that one....... Shame on you!
        Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
      • ol\'gregg
        chez_m356 wrote:
        ol\'gregg wrote:
        Now i'm not wanting to knock H*****ds as I bought it from the branch I worked in many moons ago

I worked on the car parts bit not the bikes :lol: But i like what you did there :lol:
          • chez_m356
            chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
            ol\'gregg wrote:
            chez_m356 wrote:
            ol\'gregg wrote:

I worked on the car parts bit not the bikes :lol: But i like what you did there :lol:
                meant purely in jest, just couldn't resist it :D
                Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011