Hello from warrington cheshire

kev77
kev77 Posts: 433
edited December 2012 in MTB beginners
Hello from warrington cheshire

Mid 30 year old bloke who is primarily a roadie with a local road club ( ahem )

BUT

I have branched out and got myself a brand new Giant XTC advanced 3 i like going up hills as well as down, qith which i plan to re-dip my toes back into the what roadies call the dark side! :wink:

last time i owned an mtb was 10 year ago when i had a very trick GT LTS ( god i miss that bike )

anyway hope to see a few of you out and about soon

kev

Comments

• Good luck, have fun on the trails.

Dirt is not the enemy. Clothes dry. The bike can be cleaned. Parts can be re-lubed.

You never know... You could be eyeing up a fs bike in the summer.
  • kev77
    Cheers fella

As for a FS been down that route before witha customised rig, cannot believe how well made the carbon frame is made for an xc mtb!

Cannot wait to get out on it a bit more!
  • grl
    grl Posts: 65
    Hello Kev
    Glad to see you've come over to the dark side, hope to see you on the trails. I live in Culcheth and unfortunately there's nothing around here to get your teeth into. Fortunately it's not too bad if you're prepared to drive for an hour or so

Giles
    Cube AMS 110 Pro
    Spesh Rockhopper Comp
    Bianchi Nirone 7
    Spesh Sirrus Comp
    Dahon D7 Speed (for sale, PM if you woudl like to buy - a bargain!)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    kev77 wrote:
    I have branched out and got myself a brand new Giant XTC advanced 3 i like going up hills as well as down, qith which i plan to re-dip my toes back into the what roadies call the dark side! :wink:
    We prefer it as 'being enlightened' - welcome my son! :wink:

Road riding is just to improve my fitness for on the MTB.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kev77
    Cheers lads appreciated!

Still shave my guns though! ha ha ( roadie )

Giles i have figured abit of a single track route out that takes in a few country lanes etc and single track.

If you are on strava mate pm me and i will send you the route
  • grl
    grl Posts: 65
    Evening Kev
    Not on strava, can you plonk it on Bikely perhaps? Not able to afford GPS, Mrs grl thinks I have enough cycling gear, not sure how she can reach that conclusion.......

Giles
    Cube AMS 110 Pro
    Spesh Rockhopper Comp
    Bianchi Nirone 7
    Spesh Sirrus Comp
    Dahon D7 Speed (for sale, PM if you woudl like to buy - a bargain!)
  • kev77
    I will Bike Route Toaster it tonight then and pm you the link fella, no worries
  • Kev - Have you tried Llandegla, near Wrexham, yet? It's a great place for MTBers and not far from you.
  • Rider here from Culcheth (Warrington) - if any one goes out locally or to Coed, or anywhere else!