13»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    pangolin wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    pangolin wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    can i just comment on the quality of the paint drawings!

glad you're ok mate, i want to see more paint drawings!

Cheers :D Confusing stories with no visual aids are always annoying so I figured I'd take the time to make it a bit more interesting and understandable. Any requests?
    a scale representation of you bollocking him in a third person perspective :lol:

This is basically a photo of what happened so I will probably take it to the police when I go.

1349349138_69583.png

Graphics of this calibre shouldn't be left at the bottom of the page. Very good.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Veronese68 wrote:
    pangolin wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    pangolin wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    can i just comment on the quality of the paint drawings!

glad you're ok mate, i want to see more paint drawings!

Cheers :D Confusing stories with no visual aids are always annoying so I figured I'd take the time to make it a bit more interesting and understandable. Any requests?
    a scale representation of you bollocking him in a third person perspective :lol:

This is basically a photo of what happened so I will probably take it to the police when I go.

1349349138_69583.png

Graphics of this calibre shouldn't be left at the bottom of the page. Very good.

From your wonderful artwork I can see why the driver didn't see you, no wing mirrors!

Terrible driving but great bike handling, glad you're fine.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,314
    No livery on the truck?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • No livery on the truck?

I dunno, it's quite a livery kind of colour.

Glad you're OK. Scary.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    pangolin wrote:
    [1349349138_69583.png
    Brilliant,

however you're forgetting ive met you, youre definitely taller than that!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    What is definitely reportable, and unforgivable, is the driver sticking his tongue out at you.
  • Can't see much tread on the waggon's tyres.

Just saying...
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • If the darker area is the central reservation, then shirley you're riding the wrong way down a dual carriageway.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    If the darker area is the central reservation, then shirley you're riding the wrong way down a dual carriageway.
    I just knew it had to be the cyclist's fault
  • bompington wrote:
    If the darker area is the central reservation, then shirley you're riding the wrong way down a dual carriageway.
    I just knew it had to be the cyclist's fault

Four pages and nobody's blamed him? It was about time. :mrgreen:
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    bompington wrote:
    What is definitely reportable, and unforgivable, is the driver sticking his tongue out at you.

looks like the driver is suffering from kidney failure too, looks a tad on the yellow side

should he really be driving an artic?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632

This was after we'd both stopped, I was on the left originally :roll: Had to walk over to the right to talk to the driver, for all the good that did.

Handed my form back in to the police, with diagrams, streetview pic, circled area on map. Hope they try to look at the cctv at least and not just write it off.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    mudcow007 wrote:
    bompington wrote:

looks like the driver is suffering from kidney failure too, looks a tad on the yellow side

That's Liver failure....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • pangolin wrote:
    This was after we'd both stopped, I was on the left originally :roll:.

Tell it to the judge, you law-flouting wannabe armadillo!
    That's Liver failure....

Livery failure...
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 wrote:
    bompington wrote:

That's Liver failure....

**cough**

right back at cha*!

Commonly, diseases of the kidney, such as hemolytic uremic syndrome, can also lead to coloration

* it must be true aswell because its on a wiki!!
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Ok having taken feedback on board I have made some amendments.

I am now a bit taller, the lorry has some livery and a mirror, and the party at fault is a lot clearer.

1349359594_69585.png

edit - cured his jaundice too
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • mudcow007
    driver looks a tad gozzy too

does he need glasses? thats another reason why he very nearly killed you to death?

nice knees
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Bike's clearly got no brakes. You're one of them brakeless fixed riders, aren't you?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • davis wrote:
    Bike's clearly got no brakes. You're one of them brakeless fixed riders, aren't you?

or reflectors, or a bell. Blimey is't a virtual death trap your riding :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • davis wrote:

or reflectors, or a bell. Blimey is't a virtual death trap your riding :wink:

Especially if he's overtaking lorries like that! :roll: :wink:
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    pangolin wrote:
    Handed my form back in to the police, with diagrams, streetview pic, circled area on map. Hope they try to look at the cctv at least and not just write it off.
    Hope you included the diagram on this thread :D

What size frame is that you got btw? It looks like the rear of a 64cm coupled with the front of a 50cm. Are you sure it's not a cut and shut job?
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    On the plus side, you might appear on "Police, Camera, Action"*

*insert whatever cheap TV prog on a cheap TV channel you prefer
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    On the plus side, you might appear on "Police, Camera, Action"*

*insert whatever cheap TV prog on a cheap TV channel you prefer
    This next piece of footage shows a cyclist taking his life into his own hands as he cycles recklessly along a dual carriageway in excess of 20mph wearing neither a helmet nor any hi-visibility clothing. Watch as the lorry driver has to take drastic measures to avoid killing the cyclist to death. The cyclist even has the audacity to taunt the driver of the lorry afterwards by mimicking ape-movements and noises
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    In some ways, I quite like that this has descended into gallows humour.

Bottom line is, we all love the riding, we all know statistically its not that dangerous, but, yeah every now and again, someone's gonna have a bad experience.

.....but no point in going into fear/hiding/onto PT because of it.

Perspective, innit.

Keep riding - with due care and attention - ladies and gentlemen.
  • PBo wrote:
    In some ways, I quite like that this has descended into gallows humour.

Bottom line is, we all love the riding, we all know statistically its not that dangerous, but, yeah every now and again, someone's gonna have a bad experience.

.....but no point in going into fear/hiding/onto PT because of it.

Perspective, innit.

Keep riding - with due care and attention - ladies and gentlemen.

+10000
  • I'm kinda glad that an idiot driver nearly squished you, because if he hadn't the world would not have those pictures.

Keep nagging the popo if they're dicking about.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Annoyingly I can't see the 1st few but the ones from paint are a true masters