Team Sky Internal Investigation

Trev The Rev
Trev The Rev Posts: 1,040
edited October 2012 in Pro race
Any news on the internal investigation?

http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/09/team-s ... legations/

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsf ... estigation

To quote Brailsford.

“Those photos have subsequently been removed, we’re not sure by whom, but we’ll continue to ensure that our team is 100% clean as defined by legal parameters contained in the WADA code, including ensuring our biological passports don’t look significantly strange,” continued Brailsford.

I assume the above is what the doctors are for.

Sky is a clean team 'as defined by legal parameters contained in the WADA code'. All Sky riders have 'biological passports which don't look significantly strange'.

Brilliant satire.

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited October 2012
    ---
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Mmm, has anyone ever seen Bernie and Trev in the same room at the same time?

Although, come to think of it, Bernie did actually come across as pretty intelligent, so bang goes my theory ;-)
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt Posts: 381
    “Look, we’ve instituted a rule that says only one of our support staff can have dubious connections to potentially dubious characters who may or may not have supplied some sort of doping products in the past. Now we have two that I’m aware of, which is why we’re doing this investigation,” stated Brailsford.

&

When asked why he hired Leinders after it was revealed in the Dutch press prior to his hire that Leinders had iffy connections from the Rabobank days, Brailsford offered his appraisal of that particular situation.

“He had a great CV. Good experience in cycling. And the allegations were printed in the Dutch press. Since they weren’t written in English, they didn’t count at the time,” concluded Brailsford.

Are priceless
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Before some hasty editing of his post, the OP clearly thought that the Cyclismas report was real, so I'm going add him to the list.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    What part of "A fresh take on cycling satire and commentary from a merry band of misfits" do people not understand.

It's interesting how wound up Brailsford seems to be getting (from reading the article from the actual news site, not the "satire" one)
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Jez mon wrote:
    What part of "A fresh take on cycling satire and commentary from a merry band of misfits" do people not understand.

It's interesting how wound up Brailsford seems to be getting (from reading the article from the actual news site, not the "satire" one)

One of the anti-Sky Taliban over in the Asylum also fell foul of the Cyclismas sense of humour in her eagerness to land another low blow on Wiggins and co.
    Took this seriously:

http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/03/team-s ... m-disease/

Talk about blind hate.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Mercer's Law: "There is no limit to what a person can believe if it supports their prejudices".

(I just made that up. I expect someone has said the similar before. Probably Goebbels)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Cyclismas have a particular thing about Sky and Wiggins, publish more snark about them than about any other team or rider by a long way. Think they get off on some people treating it as serious journalism.
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    Cyclismas have a particular thing about Sky and Wiggins

People like to take a shot at the pompous.. I think it's great that Sky entered from stage left with a noble 5 year plan, but it's good to have a satirical pop now and again, and lower their high horse slightly. Something of the FC Barcelona ("more than a club" / "we want to sponsor unicef" smugness)

I can imagine him saying "we are conducting an internal investigation to determine if our organisation has an exposure in this business"

And this is excellent: "Since they weren’t written in English, they didn’t count at the time"