Anyone near Kings Cross able to look after a bicycle...

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
As above.

I'm in London for a couple of weeks, and I need to get to Pontoon Docks, so I take my stuff on the line to Bank then the DLR to there, drop my stuff off and go pick my bike.

Basically I'm not comfortable locking it up and wondering if anyone near London Kings Cross would be kind enough to look after it whilst I make the journey to where I am staying to drop my big bags off.

I'll come back shortly after, I'd like to change into my cycling kit if possible as I don't want to ride 10 miles in jeans! :p

Thanks.

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Left Luggage office at King's Cross? If they won't take a bike, give them all your bags, drop the bike off where you're staying, and come back for the luggage.

Change in the train loo before arriving at KX...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Not quite sure what you're after. Are you after somewhere to park a bike during the day every day for two weeks, or are you after somewhere to park your bike for a two week stint, or are you after somewhere to drop it off for a couple of hours?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    Just looking for somewhere to keep it for a couple of hours.

I'd rather just get it on the H'Smith & City line then the Jubilee Line for 2 minutes rather than faff about going backwards and forwards but apparently I'll get abused.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Ask nicely and Condor might take it for a couple of hours? Walking distance from KC. To be honest, it should be fine locked at the station provided you have a decent lock. I've left a bike overnight at Euston and had no issues.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    willhub wrote:
    Just looking for somewhere to keep it for a couple of hours.

I'd rather just get it on the H'Smith & City line then the Jubilee Line for 2 minutes rather than faff about going backwards and forwards but apparently I'll get abused.
    Actually, looks like you'll be alright.
    http://www.squarewheels.org.uk/bike/LUbikes
    HSmith/City to West Ham, then down 2 stops to Canning Town
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo