FSA V-Drive Low Rise Handlebar

snowster
snowster Posts: 490
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all any thoughts on these FSA V-Drive Low Rise Handlebar? Looking for cheap up grade are they any better than what I have now Kalloy AL-020, 15mm Rise X 640mm

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Any reason you didn't keep this in one thread?

FSA bars are pretty lardy (288g is pretty poor), what's your budget for this? Guess your looking at these for £14.99 from CRC?

Not really worth spending money unless you actually upgrade!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • snowster
    Any ideal what I should be looking for to upgrade too?
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I disagree. The price for the bars is very good. You're getting an extra 20mm per end of bar, which will make real difference to the handling. Its a great way to experiment with bar length for very little money. Also, 288 isnt that poor, its on par with a EA50 Monkey Bar for example, which would be at least twice the price.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • I still think you need to change the stem and not the bars! Infact, id advise you going to your LBS and getting a proper fitting on the bike. The problems you mention on the other thread could be caused by a bad set up.

FWIW id go with the On One risers. Yeah they are quite heavy but they too are £15 with a good amount of rise. (lots of colours :P) OR get some mary bars. (awaits public flogging)
  • snowster
    So if I wanted to upgrade handlebars and stem any suggestions but on a budget
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yep, both aluminium, we haven't a clue what you acrtually need, so can't give suggestions until we do.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • snowster
    Well this is what I have at moment FSA XC150XT 6 Deg X 31.8mm stem, Kalloy AL-020, 15mm Rise X 640mm bars and Kalloy SP-600 27.2mm X 350mm seat post the bike in question is a ironhorse bootleg 1.0 budget is 100.00 pounds
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Why do you want to upgrade? For the higher position as in the other thread? Get a higher rise stem. the bars you link to will not do this, they are the same rise!

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/1 ... n=pid19676