Spesh warranty

seanorawe
seanorawe Posts: 950
edited October 2012 in Road general
Does anyone know if you need something from your LBS i.e receipt etc to claim from your warranty.

I have a spesh Allez.

Just curious

p.s Is it a years warranty?

This post has a lot of warranty's in it.

Warrenty
Cube Attain SL Disc
Giant CRS 2.0

Comments

• tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    I recently claimed on their warranty. You will need proof of purchase as the warranty is only valid if you are the original owner. You will need to take the bike to a specialized dealer who will asses the bike and liaise with specialized uk on your behalf to determine if the claim is valid.

Frames & roval wheels have lifetime warranty, everything else is 12 months.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    tmg wrote:
    I recently claimed on their warranty. You will need proof of purchase as the warranty is only valid if you are the original owner. You will need to take the bike to a specialized dealer who will asses the bike and liaise with specialized uk on your behalf to determine if the claim is valid.

Frames & roval wheels have lifetime warranty, everything else is 12 months.

Thats handy, there are no spesh stores where I live. The LBS must send them off on your behalf.

Cheers
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    Doesn't need to be a concept store, just an authorised specialized dealer, so assume where you bought it from is one so just take it back there and get them to assess. If your lbs isn't then go on to their website and you can search for dealers near you. Unlikely they will do anything if you do not have proof of purchase though.

As said, dealer will asses and liaise with spesh on your behalf, you can contact them directly but they will just ask you to go to where you bought it from. They are pretty good and if its a genuine claim they will sort very quickly, took 2 weeks to replace my frame and most of that was my lbs dragging their feet.