Paris Roubaix 2013 Route

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited October 2012 in Pro race
Good to see this sector back in the race.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/renovat ... ix-in-2013

Wonder if they will take out the sector at Millonfosse and then maybe also use the one at Hornaing?

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    *bows to greased's knowledge*

If you say so, I agree.
  • If you say so, I agree.

Ooh I do! Millonfosse is rated as a 3 star whereas Wallers is a 4. And it's 500 metres closer to Arenberg. What's not to like? :D
  • rick_chasey
    I must confess, beyond carrefour de l'arbre and the Arenberg, and a few choice areas that just have a different background, when I'm watching Roubaix they come and go so fast and so often I don't really notice the individual stretches. It's that gradual wearing out process.

Flanders is different ;).
  • Oh I bet you do know these sections. You can see the section at Wallers on a Sunday in Hell, the rail crossing and then the old bridge supports. I'm curious to see what it's like now. It's the first bit they have replaced/repaired, whereas the end of the section is where it's really rough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWTj6H2KKr4

And Hornaing is the one with the twin water towers.

pr_16_1_600.jpg

You need to get over there with a bike, you soon see that the sectors are not all the same. Some you fly over and others, it's like your bike is gonna collapse underneath you!

Anyway, as I said before, if they bring this section back in straight after Arenberg it replaces a slightly easier section. Should be good! Makes Arenberg a little bit more important.
  • rick_chasey

Anyway, as I said before, if they bring this section back in straight after Arenberg it replaces a slightly easier section. Should be good! Makes Arenberg a little bit more important.

Now that iiis interesting.

I don't think all 54kilos of me would fare well on cobbles....
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I fancied riding on the Roubaix cobbles, that was until I read stories about riders pissing blood afterwards.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • I don't think all 54kilos of me would fare well on cobbles....

Hmm, I see what you mean. You could try my diet of pies n' cakes and put some weight on! :D
  • I fancied riding on the Roubaix cobbles, that was until I read stories about riders pissing blood afterwards.

Must be doing it wrong, not something that I've ever done!
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746

Christ ! Even if I had a leg off I'd weigh more than that. I got down to 76kg for the Marmotte and my wife said I looked gaunt and drawn
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    dsoutar wrote:

Christ ! Even if I had a leg off I'd weigh more than that. I got down to 76kg for the Marmotte and my wife said I looked gaunt and drawn

Yes, but you aren't 4 ft tall.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)