Wind proof/waterproof gloves ?

Roc1
Roc1 Posts: 30
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone recommend a good pair? I don't have great circulation in my fingertips so want to get something that will keep my hands toasty throughout winter!

Thanks

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Used my Fox Antifreeze gloves down to -15 during the 2009-2010 winter they were pretty good. Not too bulky & the waterproof inner is removable although they are kindof small so size up if you're at all unsure.

Also have some Assos Winter gloves they are also very good but a bit more roadie.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Giro's new winter gloves are very nice. Not fully waterproof, but warm and toasty and not too bulky.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    .blitz wrote:
    Used my Fox Antifreeze gloves down to -15 during the 2009-2010 winter they were pretty good. Not too bulky & the waterproof inner is removable although they are kindof small so size up if you're at all unsure.

Also have some Assos Winter gloves they are also very good but a bit more roadie.

I had Fox Antifreeze gloves and they are ok but only really usefull in really cold conditions. I did find them a bit bulky but they are 100% waterproof and reasonably cheap.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Fox Antifreeze are very good. A bit bulky but not that bad, waterproof, windproof, tough (I've crashed a fair bit wearing them) but they don't get overly hot. They're great in minus temperatures but still aren't bad in temperatures around 10 degrees. I wore mine for a good couple of hours yesterday and didn't once think I needed to reach for my thinner gloves that were in my bag.

The inners on mine aren't removable since they are stitched at the end of the fingers but I am half tempted to cut the stitching so they are two separate pieces but that would actually achieve anything useful.