What brand of jacket?...

Goodnews
Goodnews Posts: 11
edited October 2012 in MTB general
I appear to have a problem with clothing sizes (I'm sure I'm not the only one) - I'm overly broad across the shoulders for my height (5'10") and consequently frequently find tops fit well in large except for the fact that they are stretched too tight across my shoulders. This is particularly an issue when riding! I have sized up, but then find the body is far too big and sleeves too long. I've tried some Madison stuff but find I need a size between L and XL.

Does anyone else suffer this? If so what brands suit best? I've shpped around and found Billabong and Fat Face fit me well, but they're not well known for their MTB kit :(

Comments

• I am very broad across the shoulders too.
    For that reason I have to buy XXL, even though realistically I'm a XL.
    (It's something that I have always lived with, so overly long arms doesn't bother me too much anymore.)

I have an Altura nightvision as a winter waterproof which fits pretty well. The whole Altura range is a pretty good fit tbf.
    Other than that I use a Gore Alp-X SO.
    (I also have a dhb Signal as a packable showerjacket, but that is a pretty poor fit, so I wouldn't recommend it.)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Ditto. 6ft and broad shoulders and don`t like tight fitting stuff generally.
    I don`t bother with brands much, recent waterproof jackets have come from Cotswolds sale sections :lol: Current one is a Hagloff, old one is Montane. Rarely wear my Endura one nowadays even though there is nothing really wrong with it other than it is baggier than the newer ones :!:
    Some good stuff occasionally to be found in TKMaxx :idea:
    Got a nice long sleeved top from local Nike outlet store and there is sometimes Karrimor tops to be had in Sports Direct along with Muddy Fox. Some people buy last seasons football gear, all technical clothing is much the same :idea: