On-One Inbred 29er ADVICE????

stevelee101
stevelee101 Posts: 12
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello all,
I'm seriously considering an On-One Inbred with 29inch wheels (and maybe a switch to their carbon legged, alloy crowned rigid forks). Anyone got one of these beasts? Opinions please? Stuff to watch out for? Alternatives?
Also, I'm a pretty big lump - 6'3", 15 1/2 stone - and was wondering if anyone's had any, er, 'weight' issues with 29 inch wheels?
Thanks! :D

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I've ridden one and wasn't a fan.

A beguiling mix of quite harsh and not particularly stiff (I'm 6'4" but under 13 stone). Very unrefined. It's built to a price and in all honesty, it shows in the ride.

Spend the same money and buy a Cube.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    edited October 2012
    As long as it's single speed I think it sounds perfect. Steel SS rigid 29er.
    Bring on the fans.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    sounds sh1t
  • I've built one up to use round the Lincolnshire wolds to train on and I really enjoy it. Fully rigid and schwable big apple tyres. I dont really miss the suspension forks too much. The tyres, carbon bars ad forks make a fairly comfy ride.
    I got the frame and carbon fork deal off on one and built it up over a a couple of months. Was originally going to make it 1x10 but just kept it 3x10 in the end.
    I'm 5'10 tall and 12.5stone and find it a pretty nice fit on a 19in frame.
    If you wanna know any more info by all means ask :-)
  • markstand wrote:
    I've built one up to use round the Lincolnshire wolds to train on and I really enjoy it. Fully rigid and schwable big apple tyres. I dont really miss the suspension forks too much. The tyres, carbon bars ad forks make a fairly comfy ride.
    I got the frame and carbon fork deal off on one and built it up over a a couple of months. Was originally going to make it 1x10 but just kept it 3x10 in the end.
    I'm 5'10 tall and 12.5stone and find it a pretty nice fit on a 19in frame.
    If you wanna know any more info by all means ask :-)

Cheers Mark. Decent advice, better than the clown who put 'sounds sh1t'! I've been riding my 26" as a fully rigid for about six months now and don't miss the suspension much, which is why I fancied something with a steel frame (bit more give than my current alloy job), fat tyres and bigger wheels.
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    Ive had one for about 6 months now and love it. I just bought the frame off on-one and built the bike to my on speck
  • kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    I built up a Scandal 29er, which is the same frame just made from aluminium. I used the parts from a 456 carbon and was worried about the head angle and how twitchy/racey the bike would feel. However I have found it to be a very capable bike, far more than I expected it to be. I have had no problems using it on the techy trails where I ride and can still pull away from my riding buddy on his Orange Alpine 160 on the descents and then kill him on the climbs.