first enduro

marinb17
marinb17 Posts: 6
edited October 2012 in XC and Enduro
Hi all,Hoping for some ideas for my first enduro, I'm planning making a weekend away for it next year, I'm new to this after many years of ridding and thinking of doing a 12 or 6 hour event.
could anyone point me in the right direction as to what events would be good for a first timer! I'm of a good standard of fitness and ability(ish). I live in the Yeovil area (1 hour south of Bristol) but am willing to travel a couple of hours to reach event.
THANKS

Comments

• mxdave
    mxdave Posts: 8
    I did the Torq in your Sleep this year as a solo. It's a 12 hour race but you can do it as part of a team if you wanted. Only my 3rd race but was great fun. Really good track with a bit of everything and nothing too technical or scary. Held in Camberley, so not too far from you and is towards the end of August (date for next year is yet to be confirmed). Also the Forest of Dean Wild Boar Chase was my first enduro and was a great start. It's held in May and has a number of different distance options. I did the middle option and was able to finish the course and was a fun ride, but is a bit of a trek for you. Good luck...
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    You could do the Bontrager 24/12. Thats also close-ish to you. Im lucky enough to get to ride 1/2 the Torq 12:12 course on my way to work, and then the other on the way back.... Maybe I will do it next year!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • thanks for the ideas will have a look at them and take my pick.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Bristol Bike Fest is great fun, they do a 12 hour on the Saturday and a 6 hour on the Sunday, so you can take your pick.

Best event I've done this year.
  • nice one thank you