• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Meh.....

:wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I don't really see the point in the 250, but yeah, gorgeous looking bikes.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Rucks
    Rucks Posts: 93
    420812_371410776272975_1021903539_n.jpg

Looks good?
    Might be a stupid comment/question but I've often looked at the rear shock on frames like these and wondered if it is positioned at the most beneficial angle, can't quite grasp how the motion works, ie, I always thought the pressure from the rear wheel underload was at the axle which would then travel in a straight line through to the shock, but it looks like the shock pivot causing a bend in this line, kinda like a sagging motion, anything to do with pre-load? I'm no engineer and am more than happy to get shot down for asking the question, if it makes any sense, just something I've wondered
  • I've always wondered the same Rucks but never had the balls to ask the question!
  • ilovedirt
    There is a linkage in there (you can't really see it in that photo) which changes the spring rate throughout the travel giving the ride different suspension characteristics depending on whether the linkage provides a linear, rising or falling rate.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    The piccies in this review give a better idea of how the rear end of the 250 actually works.

Pinkbikes Transition 250 review
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Rucks
    Rucks Posts: 93
    Clank wrote:
    The piccies in this review give a better idea of how the rear end of the 250 actually works.

Pinkbikes Transition 250 review

Cheers for that,
    Looks quite smart how it works
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    The TR250 is a great bike - I have seena few in the flesh and they are very pretty and a great play/mini dh bike - perfect for North American bike parks. I met a guy who had one set up with an air rear shock and fork and he reckoned it pedalled OK - not like an AM machine but enough to get you up faster than pushing.

I guy in our repair shop has one and having seen him riding this summer it can certainly take abuse.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    The older 250 looked better (yellow or purple paint schemes).

transition_tr250_02.jpg

a9376f3115a3f5610d3282e4e8af409a1ef53b15.jpg.jpg

Plus blatantly trying to appeal to motorcross wannabes with the names TR250 and TR450 ;)
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    hmm yummy looking bike but that first picture is rubbish you can barely see it!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Looks like a Nukeproof pulse with a single crown. Should be a great ride, the old one worked very well.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    At last, a bike that makes an Orange 5 look nice......could only be American!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ilovedirt
    Are you nuts?!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • rockmonkeysc
    420812_371410776272975_1021903539_n.jpg

70730.jpg

Front triangle on the Pulse looks identical to the new TR250.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    No it doesn't, look under the top tube where it meets the seattube.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Ok, it's similar. The Pulse has an extra gusset and a different linkage pivot point but it's basically the same frame
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    and picture taken by the same photographer!
  • ilovedirt
    They look similar to the TR450/250, but they're not the same by any means.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Ok, it's similar. The Pulse has an extra gusset and a different linkage pivot point but it's basically the same frame

Oh hell, not this again! :lol:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Are you nuts?!
    Nope I'm perfectly sane when I remember my pills......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.