Demo days

concorde
concorde Posts: 1,008
edited October 2012 in MTB general
Anybody know of any in the future, preferably soonish and preferably in South Wales, but am willing to travel for the day, not a problem. Not too bothered on what bikes are being demo'd, just want to try some different bikes out. Not too familiar with full sus, so would like to have a go, and see if I'd like to convert or just get a long travel HT.

Thanks

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Cotic, 13th October: http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/rocket
    RIDE A ROCKET - DEMO AT OUR PLACE IN CALVER, IN THE PEAK DISTRICT. EMAIL demo@cotic.co.uk TO BOOK A PLACE
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    little too far but cheers all the same.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I believe Pivot will be at Rutland in about 10 days time, waiting for it to go on there webby, but that was what teh chap from the Importer told me after I rode a Mach4 at the NEC, suggested I get the longer Demo....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    I believe Pivot will be at Rutland in about 10 days time, waiting for it to go on there webby, but that was what teh chap from the Importer told me after I rode a Mach4 at the NEC, suggested I get the longer Demo....
    I've heard this as well, the 14th October I believe. They'll also have a few other brands as well. I'll be going as I'm not far away, I wouldn't expect anything remotely technical to ride on unfortunately, just fireroads, though I hope I'm proven wrong.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    How much you know? Nothing on Rutland cycles webby (nothing for 2012 at all) but found this
    http://www.orangebikes.com/dealers/demoday.php so the fourth road bridges will be there ;-)

I've tried emailing the link in that piece.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • fat_homer
    I’ve had a text from a riding buddy asking if anyone fancied going, Trek, Orange, Marin, Whyte, Yeti and Pivot will be there (I’m hoping Ibis make an appearance as well). He’s been before and it’s usually pretty good, he’s just turned up with ID and proof of address and hopped on.

I might give them a ring if I get chance later, see what’s happening.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Specialized's Test The Best Up to 18 bikes (across all sizes) from the Epic, Camber and Stumpjumper FSR families.
    The first event is on Saturday October 13th 2012:
    Queen Elizabeth Country Park
    Gravel Hill
    Horndean
    Hampshire
    PO8 0QE
    Find out more about the other events at
    www.specializedpromotions.co.uk/testthebest
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Spec's demo day is all 29ers. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • bartimaeus
    edited October 2012
    Yes indeed... all 29ers - I cut/paste in a hurry and missed that bit of key info! I just hope that they don't come with stock tyres for the demo, as there will be some comedy riding if they aren't suitable for mud, wet roots and chalk.
  • bartimaeus
    double post
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    fat_homer wrote:
    I've heard this as well, the 14th October I believe. They'll also have a few other brands as well. I'll be going as I'm not far away, I wouldn't expect anything remotely technical to ride on unfortunately, just fireroads, though I hope I'm proven wrong.

You've never ridden Rutland before I guess? No there is nothing technical, that's kept for Wakerley/Fineshade.
    Please rock up though as the bikes are there to be demo'd!!

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • fat_homer
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    fat_homer wrote:

You've never ridden Rutland before I guess? No there is nothing technical, that's kept for Wakerley/Fineshade.
    Please rock up though as the bikes are there to be demo'd!!

Love n hugs

DD
    I've ridden Rutland more times than I can remember, my Dad lives there! I was hoping they might set something up in the car park! I've also been over to Wakerley/Fineshade and wouldn't say hat was overly technical either.