Mtb Mudguards

alibabameister
alibabameister Posts: 100
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
HI,

I've been using a toppeak front and rear mudgaurd but have found they both tend to be rather brittle. What else can I use which isnt going to break the first time i use it, How well do the noprene versions work ?

What have you got or do you use and have you got pictures ?

Thanks

AL

Comments

• *Awaits the arrival of the usual suspects to tell you that you're not a "real" MTBer if you use mudguards.*

I've got a Muckynutz bender fender on the front and a butt fender on the rear.

Pics are in my sig (click on "Large")

Muckynutz Website with more pics
  • *Awaits the arrival of the usual suspects to tell you that you're not a "real" MTBer if you use mudguards.*

Hmm oddly enough i was looking at these the other day for commuting. I read the front wont keep the spray off, but was interested in how much crap is kept off from the rear?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Muckynutz on the front, my arris on the rear. Because I am half of a 'real' MTBer.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Hmm oddly enough i was looking at these the other day for commuting. I read the front wont keep the spray off, but was interested in how much crap is kept off from the rear?

The muckynuts bender fender is designed purely to keep the spray off your face, and it does a really good job of it imho.

The rear is designed to keep the crap off the small of your back, and your arrse, and again, does a superb job of this.

I don't really give a shlt about getting muddy everywhere else, just so long as those 2 areas are relatively clean.