Anyone riding Brechfa or Afan on October 14th

mikewoods
mikewoods Posts: 135
edited October 2012 in MTB rides
Looking for a riding buddy at either place - never ridden Afan before but itching to try, would rather not on my own though. Done Brechfa before but only the Raven trail, a few mates have recently combined the other trails and say its great fun. I'm a reasonable rider, so long as you wait or me at the top of hills! :roll:

*edit* as now going on Sunday 14th!

Comments

• Hi mate, I might be up for Afan on the 13th as I'm riding brechfa this friday (any bits i shouldn't miss at brechfa?? planning on gorlech and raven)
    Let me know if you get any other replies
    I've ridden Afan once before but half of it was closed so wouldn't mind another go.
    I ride a scott voltage fr (heavy) so don't worry about the hills :)

Cheers Andy
  • mikewoods
    Ive not done Gorlech - Raven is ace - managed to smash my hand so bad it needed surgery on it!! lol but apparently you can combine the blue/green sections in with the Raven which makes it less of a climb and you still get the good bits - the end of the Raven is best with the triple table tops before the final route home full of bombholes and humps. My mate is going to Brechfa on Firday - I'll get him to post here as hes done the other routes with the Raven.

Keep me posted if you are going to Afan on the 13th and I'll head up there too 8)
  • shows how much you rode last time woods theres 4 tabletops ousshhh
  • mikewoods
    I can't make Saturday 13th now, having to do Sunday 14th if thats any good!?
  • MaJeeKa
    MaJeeKa Posts: 24
    if u do the wall at afan, u will come across a junction with no signs of which way to go...go right here (uphill) and keep to that road, u will eventually see a sign letting u know u on right track...also when u go down long fire road, keep an eye on left side as there is a small sign telling u to turn left (u are going very fast so watch u dont miss it)
  • mikewoods
    What would be the best route to do for first trip to Afan!?
  • MaJeeKa
    MaJeeKa Posts: 24
    do the wall.....start is a killer uphill but its fun after that and end bit (graveyard and zigzags) is really fun
  • I'm local and up for a leisurely ride of the wall on Sunday. Not the fittest in the world but it's the taking part that counts right?

Drop me a pm if you fancy it
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • mikewoods
    Cracking, pm sent. I need an energy drink just to get the bike off the car!