Rear hydraulic disc

Derky
Derky Posts: 51
edited October 2012 in MTB beginners
Hi all.

Ime a newbie here help needed please.Bought myself a new mtb Genesis 9 speed with hydraulic disc.Problem ive got is the rear brake really vibrates it go's all thru the frame right to front of bike. It really could be dangerouse as it makes you want to let go of the brake.Trouble is i bought it from a shop on line, Have been in touch with them and they have been ok about it, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem and what was the cure, to save me the hassle of either sending or taking it back.It really is a nice bike. Thought about changing pads in case just cheapo's fitted and what would be the best pad.

Many Thanks In Advance............. Derky

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Check the rotor isn't warped and the caliper is centered first.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    As cooldad says check brake alignment and rotor first easily done just check out the FAQ section in the technical forum.
    Have you been a bit happy with the lube or WD40 contaminated pads can squeal like a piggy.

Are the wheel bearings okay a loose or damaged wheel bearing can make things judder.

Are they Avid brakes if they are sometimes they judder and squeal and never seem to get better no matter what you do.

They might after all that just need some use, get them hot and muddy by using them and they might settle down. Its worked for me in the past.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Derky
    Derky Posts: 51
    Thanks guys for your advice have checked rotor and does not look warped.
    Looks like i gotta make the trip :-( ah well live and learn.
    Once again many thanks guys

Derky
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    And centrered the pads? And ridden long enough to bed the pads in/checked that all bolts etc are done up properly.
    I would check everything before going to the hassle of sending it back.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools