Dombrowski to Sky

Richmond Racer
Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
edited October 2012 in Pro race
As rumoured, the 'most exciting new talent in US cyling' ('Trademark'), Sky's announced the signing of Joe Dombrowski, plus also Ian Boswell - both joining as neo-pro's...

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290, ... 39,00.html

The Boswell signing surprises me a little - wonder whether for the first time since they launched, Sky wont be signing a GB neo...

However, Sky continuing their strategy of almost exclusively signing climbers for next season...

Comments

• Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    JTL would count as a neo pro, wouldn't he? I don't think there's an age limit.

Dombrowski is of course the gem, but Boswell is a serious talent too. That's probably two of the best five u23 climbers heading the way of Sky.
  • Turfle wrote:
    JTL would count as a neo pro, wouldn't he? I don't think there's an age limit.

Dombrowski is of course the gem, but Boswell is a serious talent too. That's probably two of the best five u23 climbers heading the way of Sky.

Re neos, right now there is an age limit of 23 but you've just reminded me that one of the things recently agreed was to remove the age limit from next year - so you're absolutely right, Turfle, JTL qualifies.

Seems that Josh Edmonsdsen may be joining Bontrager-Livestrong, so I suppose a bit of GB-US give-and-take is in order...
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Surely JTL isn't a neo-pro, unless he rode for Endura for free?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Surely JTL isn't a neo-pro, unless he rode for Endura for free?

Conti team - neo if you step up to Pro-Conti or Pro Tour innit
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Surely JTL isn't a neo-pro, unless he rode for Endura for free?

Conti team - neo if you step up to Pro-Conti or Pro Tour innit

Didn't know that.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)