Fox f120 rl

Paulkingk
Paulkingk Posts: 689
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Ok looking on the fox website I'm confused about weather I need 160ml 10 wt in the damper side or 30ml. See link.
http://service.foxracingshox.com/consum ... olumes.htm
I'm looking at line 28 and 29 problem is im not sure what year my forks are and as you can see the recommended amounts are quiet different. Mine are F120 RL

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and the year of the fork is?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • this is the problem could be 09's or 10's. Looked at images and they look similar. what difference will this make with say 30ml when I need 160ml. They look exactly the same as these.http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... SIJ_rcHSbj
  • Well I've gone 30ml in each leg as line 29 states on the fox oil weight charts my forks are f120 RL which is stated on that line. I can only assume the amounts differ as one is cartridge based and the other is just an open oil bath? well either way forks feel fine. Will see how they go Wednesday night. If I have any hilarious disasters I will let you know. If the forks get ruined it's not the end of the world as I have some pretty bad stanction wear on the left leg. My Revs never did that in 5 years. Not impressed Fox :x
  • If it's a FIT damper fork then same as mine which is 30ml each leg, so you should be fine.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • Paulkingk
    How would I know if it's a FIT damper. is it stated somewhere on your fork? There is no mention on mine all it says is Fox F series RL
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    god that is a small picture .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjP8D4F9qd21nJ49_7IsCBo6qzU1cNJhjznoHOOnp-yvQ7-KSIJ_rcHSbj

got a pic of your fork and what it says on it? and 26 or 29"

or make and model of bike they were supplied on.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Paulkingk
    Its a 26" not the fork off the original bike as I uh-hm upgraded from some perfectly good Revs just a bit old.
    Heres some pics.
    2012-10-01204050.jpg
    2012-10-01204105.jpg
    2012-10-01204130.jpg
    2012-10-01204158.jpg
    2012-10-01204219.jpg
    2012-10-01204250.jpg
    2012-10-01204300.jpg
    2012-10-01204315.jpg
  • Make sure you have got the stuff to do the job and you will see whether there is 30ml or 160ml when you tip them up to empty the old oil out. Unless they have been leaking that should tell you which type they are if not identified on them. Also worth calling Mojo and clarifying quantities. They advised me to put an extra 10ml in the one side than stated as they found it gave a plusher ride. Always spoken to the same woman and she is uber helpful and friendly.
    My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Pretty sure they are non FIT '09 vintage. That would be a 28 then.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    Paulkingk wrote:
    How would I know if it's a FIT damper. is it stated somewhere on your fork? There is no mention on mine all it says is Fox F series RL

Not sure where but I'm pretty sure mine say FIT on them somewhere.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • Paulkingk
    Well I have it on good authority that with a fork with a FIT damper the rebound switch is on the bottom. So 09 s it is 160ml :lol:
    Cheers guys
  • sensi10
    sensi10 Posts: 68
    Hi , looks to me those forks are the open bath model which has a damper on one side only . They are not the fit damper model forks , another way to tell is where the rebound adjustment is . If its on top of the fork = open bath or on bottom of fork leg = fit damper .