Rockshox Reverb Stealth - Compatible list?

j4mesj4mes
j4mesj4mes Posts: 138
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Good morning,

Has anyone found a compatible list of frames that work with the new rockshox Reverb Stealth? Is it just the new frames?

It would be great if it could somehow fit a 2011 Spicy, as there are two holes in the top tube but not originally designed for the Stealth.

Thank you

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    I don't think holes in the toptube will help. As I understand it, you need to able to route the hose around the BB and then up the downtube and out round-about the headtube.

The whole thing seems like a silly/lazy idea. No, don't change the poorly thought out design of the seatpost - demand that bike companies redesign frames :roll:
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    warpcow wrote:
    I don't think holes in the toptube will help. As I understand it, you need to able to route the hose around the BB and then up the downtube and out round-about the headtube.

The whole thing seems like a silly/lazy idea. No, don't change the poorly thought out design of the seatpost - demand that bike companies redesign frames :roll:

Yup thats my understanding of it too.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    warpcow wrote:
    Not sure what you mean? I think the Reverb would be better if the hose entered the seatpost at a 'static' point rather than moving up and down with the saddle, but I'm not sure that's what you're getting at.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • warpcow
    Fully agree that a fixed point is a good thing (it's one of the main reasons I didn't choose a Reverb), but making it so that it requires a specific frame is not good.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    warpcow wrote:
    Fully agree that a fixed point is a good thing (it's one of the main reasons I didn't choose a Reverb), but making it so that it requires a specific frame is not good.

The issue is that it is impossible to make a reverb have the hose exit on the fixed part of the post without having a hole in the stanction for it, as the hydraulic mechanism is within the stanction. The only possible way is to have it exit at the very top or at the very bottom.
  • warpcow
    I personally think the hydraulic actuation is another issue though (not necessarily an 'issue', but pretty pointless). If one issue causes another, which then demands the redesign of another vaguely related part to make it work, then it's not right in the first place. Avid are big enough to force the issue though

I know, KS have started something similar now with Levs that exit at the bottom, so when every manufacturer makes appropriate frames in a few years I'll just be a whiny, old philistine.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I don't think it's a problem. Either your frame has neat internally routed brake, gear and seatpost cables, or it doesn't in which case you buy a normal Reverb and use that.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."