Chuffed !

gazhilla
gazhilla Posts: 48
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
6 weeks ago I started cycling again, 10yrs after I stopped after averaging 200 miles a week. Been building up the distance and today set out with the objective of Lancaster to York, 80 miles, did it and carried on to Driffield for a total of 111 miles as far as I have ever done before. Just proves it can be done with some effort even at 40!

Comments

• well done fella.. i was impressed with my 41 miles until now ..
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • Thanks mate, got to say I think muscle memory has a lot to do with it as it took me a damn site longer the first time round. Three brew stops on the way but I am no racer and it was just to get the distance.
  • gazhilla wrote:
    Thanks mate, got to say I think muscle memory has a lot to do with it as it took me a damn site longer the first time round. Three brew stops on the way but I am no racer and it was just to get the distance.

Well done. I've given myself 10 months to build up to 100 miles, you've done it in 6 weeks. I am currently 22 stone though. I did do 25 miles yesterday after less than 2 weeks of riding. I've also lost 11 lbs.
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    Epic ride for anybody. Couldn't you have just carried on to Bridlington for the 1 day coast to coast boast? How long did it take?
  • Good effort Phil, I am a sprightly 18 stone so a bit easier for. Me, great news on the weight loss...
    Siamon, I could have but the in laws live in Driffield and after Garrowby Hill, I was tired. Plan is to do the way of the roses next year. 6hrs 59 mins was my time :)