CUBE AMS 100 (2009/2010)

sushi7474
sushi7474 Posts: 15
edited July 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all,

This is my second post here, so please be kind :D

It is a Cube AMS 100 (bought in 2010) – thought as a replacement for my old MTB hardtail. It has performed extremely well – either on single trails or during heavy climbing (the easy-to-use lockouts help a lot). So here it is:

photoxu.jpg

Frame: Cube AMS 100/ Alu, FSP 4-Link-System
Fork: Rock Shox REBA RL (set to 120 mm), lockout
Shock: Fox RP23 shock size 165mm, lockout

Crankset: Shimano Deore XT
Pedals: Shimano PD-M520 (on the pic are the previously fitted basic pedals)
Shifters: SRAM X0 Trigger 9 speed
Front/ Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9

Brakes: Formula R1, Hydraulic Disc Brakes (180/180)
Wheels: DT Swiss XPW1600 (Note: Cube OEM, not available from DT, but more of an equivalent to PW 1800, as I understood :? )
Tyres: Schwalbe Rocket Ron (front), Schwalbe Racing Ralph Kevlar (rear)

Weight: 12,3 kg (the bike leaflet claimed 11,2 kg, but I suppose this might be the prototype with papermache frame :-)

Enjoy :D
Kuota Kharma Evo
Kuota Kalibur
Cube AMS 100 - SOLD

Comments

• minley1
    minley1 Posts: 126
    Looks good, nice spec too.very nice
  • How do do you get on with the bike nice to ride? Thinking about getting one myself what do you use it for terrain wise.
  • I ride mainly on forest roads (single track), surface soil, some stones, fairly dry. Some passages are also done on 4th grade tarmac roads (steep climbings) - but these make up 30% max.

The actual trip profiles can be seen here: http://app.strava.com/athletes/rsushi
    Kuota Kharma Evo
    Kuota Kalibur
    Cube AMS 100 - SOLD
  • looks sleek! hate to get it dirty, maybe its just me with bar ends in general but i think it ruins the look of the bike. nice buy mate
    It never gets easier. You just go faster. – Greg LeMond

The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community. - Ann Strong
  • sushi7474
    sushi7474 Posts: 15
    The bike in its natural environment... :D

9vk0.jpg
    Kuota Kharma Evo
    Kuota Kalibur
    Cube AMS 100 - SOLD
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    a roadie cladded mtb'er! None of this full face fully body armour bull shit :twisted:

thumbs up!
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    The colourscheme looks great.
  • Dalby79
    Dalby79 Posts: 25
    I have the same bike but the 2012 version. Can the fork be set to 120mm without voiding the warranty?