Go Figure...

Pufftmw
Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
There's me, carefully and respectfully driving round Old Street Roundabout, in the correct lane to come from Old Street (by the Classic Car place and into Old Street heading west. Lights are green. Then some idiot of a girl cyclist just runs the red lights out of City Road in front of me, also heading into Old Street. I hit my horn as a warning and she turns her head and shouts out "W@nker!" at me :o :oops:

Now, she may have been referring to me personally but she doesn't know my personal habits or maybe the car I was driving per chance but I'm not the one that was in danger of getting flattened by a 2.5 tonne Range Rover!

As I said, go figure...

Comments

• For driving a range rover in central London? Fair call ;)
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    No, I refuse point blank to 'go figure' not being an American and all that..... :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Ah that Central London off-road driving.

Go figure...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Rolf F wrote:
    No, I refuse point blank to 'go figure' not being an American and all that..... :wink:
    Yeah...you do the math! :evil:
  • I could care less.
  • Pufftmw
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Go figure...

Unfortunately I'm not in the position to have a "Country" car and a "Town" car

The more natural terrain is below...

RR1.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    I once rounded a corner to see a man and his son of about 12 stepping off the curb into 3 lanes of oncoming traffic. I hooted the horn and braked. They just stood in the middle of the road shouting at me to fork off whilst ordering a milkshake in sign language. Charming. Made me wonder why I hit the brakes.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I'm shocked :shock:

You people have cars?!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Mines barely a car, it's almost a shoe box and I don't drive it into town
  • Pufftmw wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Go figure...

RR1.jpg
    That's not a Range Rover. That's a Range Rover Sport. I'm considering reporting you to the forum mods for trying to trick us into thinking you have a posher car that you do.
  • itboffin wrote:
    I'm shocked :shock:

You people have cars?!
    I'm 40 in December and I've lived my life thus far without ever owning a car. I haven't actually driven a car since 1996
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Pufftmw wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Go figure...

RR1.jpg
    Way to annoy the Greenies!
    Great big polluting engine and crushing the plants to death. :twisted:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    JamesB5446 wrote:
    That's not a Range Rover. That's a Range Rover Sport. I'm considering reporting you to the forum mods for trying to trick us into thinking you have a posher car that you do.

If you are going to report him for anything, report him for trying to make out that the natural terrain of a Range Rover Sport is anywhere other than firmly on the tarmac in Chelsea. That's actually a pretty rare picture. It's probably the only Range Rover Sport ever to leave tarmac but note how clean it is - likely it was airlifted into position :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Pufftmw
    daviesee wrote:
    Way to annoy the Greenies!
    Great big polluting engine and crushing the plants to death. :twisted:

Ah but they're my plants so tough. Besides, you should have seen what came along next...

md1.jpg

:mrgreen:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    You're not going to drive that down Old Street are you?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Pufftmw wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Go figure...

RR1.jpg
    Christmas tree shopping?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Pufftmw wrote:
    I'm sure everyone is very sympathetic towards your straitened circumstances.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Once again, a thread gets derailed and we miss the original point of this post!

So is Pufftmw a w@nker or not?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    kelsen wrote:
    Once again, a thread gets derailed and we miss the original point of this post!

So is Pufftmw a w@nker or not?

If there was any chance you were going to run her down then you are a very sensible man and using your horn most appropriately, if you were just critisising her for her choice to RLJ then she was right, you are a w@nker :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    team47b wrote:
    if you were just critisising her for her choice to RLJ then she was right, you are a w@nker
    Cr4p, RLJing is offensive, in this case potentially danegrous and anti-social, anti-social enough to make driving a 2.7 tonne RRS seem positively green.

Driven many an RRS offroad, very dirty, also managed 18mpg out of a supercharged ONCE.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.