Pedal,Shoes,Bib Tights , any advice gladly welcome.

Bulldog77
Bulldog77 Posts: 28
edited September 2012 in Road buying advice
I'm looking at purchasing a decent set of bit tights for the winter months, but I'm on a budget of about £80 :oops:
Any recommendations on good brands, i was looking at the Lusso carbon range, as have found there stuff ok and a decent fit for a bigger bloke!
Also was looking at getting some Shimano 105 pedals and the Shimano ro87 shoes, has any one used these and could recommend them or consequently recommend any other pedal , shoe combos in a similar price range.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Comments

• jay197
    jay197 Posts: 196
    Can I suggest that wherever you buy from, that you can try them on first, or if mail order, that you can return them, as some makes of bibs/shorts etc are notorious for coming up very small on their sizes as compared to normal UK or US sizes, so where you would normally wear a medium for example, you may have to get a "L", or even an "XL" bib:)
  • cheers :)
  • hubcap
    hubcap Posts: 163
    Try Prendas for bibshorts, they normally have some decent Santini Roubaix fleece ones which are nice and warm for the winter, if you get the ones with a twistgel pad they are nice and comfy too as it's an excellent pad. If you email them your height, weight and waist size they will recommend which size you should get and they are excellent for returns if the fit isn't quite right. Very competitively priced too!

105 pedals will be fine and nice and strong, they will last you ages. As for shoes all I can say is to go and try on as many pairs as you can in some shops as all makes and models are slightly different shapes / fit, and getting a good comfortable fit is the most important thing by far.
  • Thanks Hubcap great advice :)
  • hubcap
    hubcap Posts: 163
    No worries. By the way I meant to say bib tights in my post and not bib shorts!!

Have a look at these, they look pretty good. http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=3217
  • Just been on the site and they seem to do a lot of decent gear to a lot of satisfied customers :)