Recommend me a Carbon Seatpost

ScreaminWargasm
ScreaminWargasm Posts: 289
edited September 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

I have just bought a 2012 Cannondale Supersix in the sale. I've already ordered some Shimano RS80 C24 wheels and am looking to spend about £100 on a lighter, carbon seatpost.

Can anyone recommend me a decent one or even ones to avoid!

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Comments

• Why do you need to 'upgrade' so soon? :?
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Stock items on cannondales aren't the best.

I'd recommend 3T, Fizik or Canyon VCLS
  • Fsa to match the headset, chainset and fsa stem you should buy. :)
    tick - tick - tick
  • trebor127 wrote:
    Why do you need to 'upgrade' so soon? :?

Hi,

I don't really 'need' to but when I bought the bike I set a budget and still have a bit left. I've bought lighter wheels and a Fizik Antares saddle so may as well do the seatpost.
  • I do like the look of the Fizik Cyrano and the FSA K-Force light carbon posts. Anyone have either of these?
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    In my experience Ritchey are a good call, light and robust. I have a 3T Dorico on one bike and that looks good while the decals last but that won't be for long and the seat rail clamp is dreadful, probably the worst buy ever.
    I''ve been looking at a Cyrano carbon post after top reviews on the net and here, at the mo they're £82(bargain) at bike-discount-de.
  • If you had a budget and had some left over, why didnt you just buy a better bike with better components?

Anyway i can recommend Pro lite Pelligrino or Syntace Hi-Flex.
  • greentea wrote:
    If you had a budget and had some left over, why didnt you just buy a better bike with better components?

Anyway i can recommend Pro lite Pelligrino or Syntace Hi-Flex.

I have wanted a SuperSix for a while and like to colour of the 105 model which is why I chose it. I was going to buy it for almost two grand a couple of months ago but held off and got it for £1349.
    I had a few hundred quid left over and wanted to make a couple of improvents over the standard bike.

So far I'm well chuffed with it!

I'll take a look at the recommended posts but at the moment I'm drawn towards the Fizik Cyrano for £82.
  • I do like the look of the Fizik Cyrano and the FSA K-Force light carbon posts. Anyone have either of these?

I have the KForce post on my Supersix, paired with the OS115 Stem. Kforce stem is on the wish list for the time being...
    tick - tick - tick
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,600
    the cyrano is nice, good clamp (no problem with thick cf rails), it's not really a light post though, weights for 31.6x330 are...

alloy 238g
    cf 218g

what does the current post weigh?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Canyon vcls. New version is launched any day now I they may be some deals coming up on the current version.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I have a Fizik Cyrano Carbon on my Cervelo, it's the best post (out of many that I've tried including 3T, Thomson, Deda, Specialized, FSA K-Force), the adjustment and clamping is great!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Thanks for all your replies. I'm settled on the Fizik seatpost now as it seems to get very good reviews!

Cheers
  • GGBiker
    GGBiker Posts: 450
    I upgraded recently to a ritchey superlogic single bolt model 185g, saved 180g of weight compared to the alloy post on my bike. Most online prices are 125 quid, got it for 50 new on eBay.

Also picked up a selle SLR saddle new for 55 quid, again saving 140g of weight and is super comfortable.

Hard to save that much weight for so little cash on other components.