2013 Cube LTD Pro - Anodised - updated with new bits!

kammybear
kammybear Posts: 500
edited November 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Wanted the Blue and Grey but wasn't available but managed to get the last 17" Anodised model from Lesiurelakes!

Swapped in some XT brakes and black/white lock on fritzz grips and some Saint pedals will be going on tomorrow!

B7F6DBE2-44C6-4CB7-B647-A42980AC3565-280-00000000EA068FCA.jpg

more to come!

Comments

• 53AAE9E3-66B2-471F-9231-E961394B5A2F-280-00000002DFC66FC9.jpg

8261A511-0335-450F-8029-BA9D6A5BFE29-280-000000018C357117.jpg

2A0A9AE3-F6C9-4B7C-8BD9-47CE6F924512-280-00000002D91FE7F7.jpg
  • Jomox
    Jomox Posts: 250
    Looks smart (And clean) would like to see some other pictures (Showing more of it)
  • Off to Cannock tomorrow once the new pedals are on so will have some action shots!

It's only got half a mile on it so far! :mrgreen:
  • As requested some pictures of it in the wild

C7390066-3364-403A-B600-00E13D4FBF77-333-00000002EA7E66DA.jpg

F09D6FA0-CB69-4B0E-BA67-4398299B9FFB-333-00000002E05FCF3B.jpg

47B774F0-D52D-4369-AEF1-FB27F750BE4F-333-00000002D94C2CAB.jpg

I like the look of the saint pedals but IMO Wellgo MG1 are much better overall. They could do with longer pins...

First ride and not liking 29er handling at all. Feel pretty high up, bike feels like a tank and looking at the stem, it's pretty long at around 100-120mm, the same as on my 26er Attention so I think that's a part that needs changing stat.

Maybe 65mm will sort out the turning and handling in the twistys?
  • That's so funny. So not only did the shop not fit your brake calipers correctly. They also decided to not do anything to the cable lengths, not seen a setup that bad in a while.
  • Hahaha,

I didn't trust them to cut the hoses and bleed the brakes. That'll have to wait for it's service a few weeks. :lol:

In hindsight I should have had the confidence to stick them on myself!
  • 2 things I would do in the mean time is cut about a quarter off your remote lockout and route the front inside the fork leg.
  • brakes set up euro style?

front brake hose wants to go inside the fork leg not outside (cannot believe leisure lakes did that :? )

lockout hose is too long as well
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Wait for a service? I'd take it straight back to the shop who built it and throw it at them.

Thats ridiculous.
  • Just to clarify, a local small time cycle shop stuck the brakes on for me as a quickie. I told them not to touch the cables as I'd rather get a cytech technicial to fiddle with them!

I'll be getting the cables sorted in due course and have them switched over as well! It's a bodge job for now, I just was impatient and couldnt wait 6 weeks for LL to stick on the XT brakes! I have to travel 15 miles each time.
  • I didnt realise this was a 29er at first and was thinking OMG this guy is tiny! lol. You cant beat the cube anodised finish! My mate commutes on a cube Editor and each time i see it i just stare in wonder.

WOW those cables are amazing! If you dont want to touch them for now then at least cable tie the front to the lower stantion and perhaps put one through the loop on the rear and stick it to the frame.

Looks really nice though. Hope it gives you hours of joy!
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    kammybear wrote:
    Just to clarify, a local small time cycle shop stuck the brakes on for me as a quickie. I told them not to touch the cables as I'd rather get a cytech technicial to fiddle with them!

I'll be getting the cables sorted in due course and have them switched over as well! It's a bodge job for now, I just was impatient and couldnt wait 6 weeks for LL to stick on the XT brakes! I have to travel 15 miles each time.

Hundreds of guides on the web on how to shorten hoses, it's really not that difficult and ultimately satisfying you did it yourself and saved some cash.

Plus you start to learn how to look after your bike yourself so emergency repairs are quicker.
  • It's tempting.

I might just do it myself depending on the tools needed, plus I can then only blame myself if anything goes wrong :oops:
  • 2 things I would do in the mean time is cut about a quarter off your remote lockout and route the front inside the fork leg.

hmm not sure if there would be enough clearence? might be- doesnt look it though. also arnt the xt brakes and gear system the 2012 where you can interlock them to become 1 unit?
    It never gets easier. You just go faster. – Greg LeMond

The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community. - Ann Strong
  • You can get ispec versions yes but I've just replaced the brakes from the original spec. It's still running SLX gears which I'll stick with for now and maybe get XT shifters when the new model is out next year?
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Very nice - good to see one of these in the 'flesh', so to speak - I have one on order! (19") Definitely get the hoses sorted though. Otherwise, it does look (and I'm hoping it will be) a lot of bike for the money!

Can I ask a few questions?

1 - How tall are you, what's your inside leg (don't worry, I'm not coming on to you!!) :lol:
    2 - How are you finding the Manitou forks? I've been running Fox and RS since 2005, so not sure what they're like now :)

Cheers in advance,
    Stav
  • kammybear
    I'm 5'6"

The 17" still seems pretty high up. I don't know what my inside leg is though...about 6" I think!

So far I've not really pushed the forks but they're a lot better than the RockShox XC29 on my last cube :D
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    kammybear wrote:
    I'm 5'6"

The 17" still seems pretty high up. I don't know what my inside leg is though...about 6" I think!

So far I've not really pushed the forks but they're a lot better than the RockShox XC29 on my last cube :D

Awesome, thanks for answering mate. At 6', the 19" should be spot on then (geo looks good). I'll be sure to give the forks a good test too. Hoping it's here for the weekend! :D
  • kammybear
    I've gone a bit carbon mental and ordered a 3T 80mm stem, 3T 640mm flat bar and a 3T seat post!

I'm shallow but the bike needs a bit of red and the easton/RFR own brand stuff looks a bit bland.

I'll be losing 80mm of bar space but hopefully the shorter stem will keep the handling in check. 740mm was way too wide!
  • kammybear
    Keep posted for more shots!

Got it booked in for it's 6 week service and will get getting those pesky long hoses sorted as well! :lol:
  • Some upgrades and tweaks since last month:

3T carbon Handlebar 640mm down from 720mm
    3T Carbon Stem 80mm down from 90mm

3T carbon seat post is next change...bought the wrong size so it's work in progress!

The break hoses have been shortened so it's all neat and tidy now :-)

I think I need to tweak the angle of the breaks and levers as they are too high up. Just need to change the shifters from SLX to XT at some point and change the front mech to XT as well cos I think I've bent it after the chain came off and jammed in it...shifting to the big ring is ropey since :-(

AF3AB73A-6C99-4C61-BCD6-9828C38BEEC4-12439-000006B440B3D8E5.jpg

DA3AD061-28D1-4839-ADE3-C3492F534288-12439-000006B434D84192.jpg
  • Who in gods name routed your rear brake? I have never seen it done like that before. trim that remote cable too. Nice shoes :)
  • I thought the brake cable looked a bit strange! I must have routed it wrong when I changed the handlebar! That lock out cable is the standard size :shock:

My MTB shoes are not to be sniffed at!