Tacx Satori Noisy?

Charlyfarly
Charlyfarly Posts: 16
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
I've literally taken delivery of as Tacx Satori today and have just set it up in the garage.

The issue I have is that it's really noisy?

I have it set at level 1 and increase the resistance using the gears on my bike, but when I build up any kind of speed, say 60 rpm+ there is a really loud humming noise, is this normal? I guess I was expecting something a little quieter, especially if the reviews of it on Wiggle are to be believed? At the moment i've checked to see whether it's level on the floor and I dont have a mat, although reading elsewhere they dont seem to make much difference to the noise?

Anybody got the same problem, I guess if it's "normal", then i'll just get on with it although I was expecting a little more from it?

Comments

• jay197
    jay197 Posts: 196
    The secret is to use it on an "exercise" mat.

you can buy them for under £10 in any sports shop or supermarket like tesco's.

That will reduce 90% of the noise trust me :)
  • I'll give it a go and see how I get on, ta.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Mat and a turbo tyre. Both help but ultimately it's never going to be quiet.

A big fan is also essential once you get going on a turbo.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    You can get this humming at a certain cadence.. raising it, and it goes away.
    I am still on a well worn tyre that has squared off and is completely smooth.. you could try a specific turbo tyre if you are still getting the resonance at your normal cadence ranges making the trainer unpleasant to use.
    It seems to be regardless of tyre pressure and roller pressure and tbh having it on a mat and when it happens it is the rear frame and stays that are amplifying the noise..
    I use it with Trainer Road and have the resistance constantly set to 5 which gives me as close as possible real world feel to the trainer.