Riding groups in Bournemouth?

Eyon
Eyon Posts: 623
edited October 2012 in Road general
Hi,

I'm moving down to Bournemouth tomorrow and want to carry on my cycling. Any members here in the area? Not looking for a full blown club, not interested in chain gangs and hard training, tea stops and pubs are more my thing!

Thanks
Ian

Comments

• jay197
    jay197 Posts: 196
    Hi Eyon, I used to see a lot of road bikes always going from mudeford, christchurch, to Poole on some sort of regular route it seemed.

What a lovely place to ride, you lucky man, enjoy.
  • You have the New Forest on your doorstep; what more could you want you lucky man! (Lived in Bournemouth 18 years and would go back at the drop of a hat!)

Cycle out towards Blandford, tarrant monkton, milto Abbas etc, all fantastic quiet road rides.

ENJOY!!
  • Ian - Bournemouth cyclist here, based in Westbourne (just outside tow centre). There is some truly excellent cycling here - out to the New Forest or over to the Purbecks are perfect for anything over 40 miles. Plenty of other good stuff immediately locally.

Im not a club member (although understand a couple of the local clubs are very good) and generally pedal alone. If you like I can send you my strava page link which has some local rides (only been using it for a couple of months so limited but a good start).

Happy to meet for a ride once you're settled..

Welcome to the area!
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    Lots of good riding in Dorset - head out toward Milton Abbas, up and around Bulbarrow, the hills around Shaftesbury.....

enjoy!
  • On Saturday morning's go to Waitrose in Christchurch (7miles from Bournemouth town center) at either 0750, LEAVE AT 0800 for a fast ride from Waitrose-Ringwood-Poulner-Brockenhurst-Burley, coffee and cake and then home this is fast paced averaging between 19-21mph, or go to Waitrose Christchurch at 0850 for a gentler and shorter ride to the coffee stop.You will meet lots of local cyclists
    Look on facebook for bournemouth social cycling
    Check out the Bournemouth Arrow's website

There is loads of cycling in the area and we have a outdoor 250m track
    Hope this help's
    David
    A mouthfull of mud, i guess ive crashed

Giant xtc se
    Trek 1.2compact
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    Thanks for all the responses, I'm just settling in here and then I'll be out riding. Kingderham, I've joined the group you mentioned, hopefully I can tag along the slower ride!