Forum home Road cycling forum Road general

Just been in Aldi - it was full of idiots.

2

Posts

  • MattC59 wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Have you never been in Aldi before, sounds fairly normal to me.

    Yes. Normally the place is frequented by untermenschen that have crawled from under a rock but today it was full of a completely different class of censored .



    Wow, racist, condescending & elitist all in one post, winner! I'm trying desperately not to invoke Godwin's here!

    Untermensch (German for under man, sub-man, sub-human; plural: Untermenschen).

    Just because it was used by the Nazis doesn't mean that the word is racist.


    (And that doesn't invoke Godwin's)

    I'm well aware of the direct German translation thank you, given it's my second language, so you're either inferring that that the OP doesn't or that he does & therefore understands the connotations, there for my original posts stands.
  • Bustacapp wrote:

    Yes. Normally the place is frequented by untermenschen that have crawled from under a rock but today it was full of a completely different class of censored .

    Wow! It would be "interesting" if see you had the balls to describe anyone as Untermenschen in an Aldi Store particularly in their homeland, Germany. Seriously though, what you have said is both ignorant and offensive on so many levels you may never understand but to help you out, consider the following:
    From Wikipedia:
    Untermensch (German for under man, sub-man, sub-human; plural: Untermenschen) is a term that became infamous when the Nazi racial ideology used it to describe "inferior people", especially "the masses from the East," that is Jews, Gypsies, and Slavic peoples including Poles, Russians, Belarusians and partially the Ukrainians
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • SproolSprool Posts: 1,022
    full of idiots
    I'm a proud idiot new to road cycling and happy to spend £15 on what appears to be a pretty good quality winter top which certainly functions well at keeping me warm when cycling. Why would I be happier spending £45 - £60 on something really similar but with a more fashionable badge on it? (thats probably from the same chinese/taiwan factory) that badge that says 'I can afford to pay 2x or 3x the price because i take my cycling that much more seriously'? getoutahere!
  • The word was around for 30 years before the Nazis used it. Should we stop using every word and idea that they appropriated?
  • Mikey23Mikey23 Posts: 5,028
    Well I found the op quite amusing anyway ...
  • MichaelWMichaelW Posts: 2,226
    Lighting sets only £5.99
    Merino tops only £9.99
    I prefer to drive.
  • JamesB5446 wrote:
    The word was around for 30 years before the Nazis used it. Should we stop using every word and idea that they appropriated?

    Ask your average, decent German today and I am sure they have no problem to "...stop using every word and idea that they (the nazis) appropriated." Do not apologise for or excuse someone's use of offensive and provocative language and ideas.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • Ginjafro wrote:
    Ask your average, decent German today and I am sure they have no problem to "...stop using every word and idea that they (the nazis) appropriated." Do not apologise for or excuse someone's use of offensive and provocative language and ideas.


    If the Germans now have a problem using an existing word that they made infamous because they used it to describe Jews and Gypsies before they ruthlessly murdered 6 million+ of them then that is their problem.
  • Bustacapp wrote:
    Ginjafro wrote:
    Ask your average, decent German today and I am sure they have no problem to "...stop using every word and idea that they (the nazis) appropriated." Do not apologise for or excuse someone's use of offensive and provocative language and ideas.


    If the Germans now have a problem using an existing word that they made infamous because they used it to describe Jews and Gypsies before they ruthlessly murdered 6 million+ of them then that is their problem.

    Bustacapp, you are either incredibly ignorant or simply on the wrong kind of forum.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • why is he ignorant?

    Oh yeah I see - hey bustacapp stop having opinions will you - everyone knows freedom of speech applies to every one but you. :D

    I guess the fact that you were referring to people in a german owned store kinda passed them by. I wonder how many peopel 'offended' by bustacap have actually used in the past basf tapes or agfa film or that other great ig farben product zyklon b. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • I guess the fact that you were referring to people in a german owned store kinda passed them by. I wonder how many peopel 'offended' by bustacap have actually used in the past basf tapes or agfa film or that other great ig farben product zyklon b. :D

    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

    bunch of uptight pc brigadiers around here!!
  • SproolSprool Posts: 1,022
    ... I wonder how many peopel 'offended' by bustacap have actually used in the past basf tapes or agfa film or that other great ig farben product zyklon b. :D
    I think I missed your point here...what on earth has this to do with Aldi or ignorant bigots or freedom of speech?
  • pilot_petepilot_pete Posts: 1,962
    mike6 wrote:
    On the Aldi question, I bought some track mitts they had for sale at £4.99 and was not expecting much. I now have four pair as they are excellent. Good fit, comfortable, hard wearing and even stylish. All they lack, if I wanted to be picky, would be pull off tabs to make them easier to remove. But at £4.99 I can't complain.

    I'd complain, you were ripped off! http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/sp ... _14002.htm :lol:

    PP
  • Having read some of the posts on this thread I can't help but think it should be in BB.

    If a commuter happens upon it the censored will hit the fan. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

    The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • This Godwins geezer wouldn't happen to be Harold Godwinson brutally slain by a Norman arrow at Hastings by any chance?
  • deswellerdesweller Posts: 5,271
    why is he ignorant?

    Oh yeah I see - hey bustacapp stop having opinions will you - everyone knows freedom of speech applies to every one but you. :D


    Challenging someone's views doesn't amount to removal of the right to freedom of speech.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • I went in yesterday and there was a bloke sifting through the rain jackets, checking the labels and putting them to one side of the bin they were in. I went to check the ones he had put into this pile as he was taking up as much room as he possibly could, i got through 4 of what looked around 15-20 jackets for him to rudely grab my hand and say "no im buying these" This annoyed me, not only cos he was taking pretty much every jacket there but the fact he grabbed me!

    Aldi sales drive people mad! Think ill get a nice Castelli one off the net instead! Less hassle!
    Bike - Scott Aspect 45
    Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013
  • i got through 4 of what looked around 15-20 jackets for him to rudely grab my hand and say "no im buying these"

    what a [email protected]!!!
  • sub55sub55 Posts: 1,025
    do they sell assos stuff
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • Lidl is good for walnuts and Aubergines.

    I have a pair of their running gloves but on the second use my pinky poked through the side.

    I will be purchasing my running gloves from Waitrose from now on.
    tick - tick - tick
  • meursaultmeursault Posts: 1,476
    2mqp25s.jpg
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

    Voltaire
  • meursault wrote:
    2mqp25s.jpg

    hahhaha!
  • Aldi is full of freakin' Nazis. And its shite.

    BB forever.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Aldi is full of freakin' Nazis. And its shite.

    BB forever.

    GODWINS, GODWINS, GODWINS. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

    The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Ginjafro wrote:
    JamesB5446 wrote:
    The word was around for 30 years before the Nazis used it. Should we stop using every word and idea that they appropriated?

    Ask your average, decent German today and I am sure they have no problem to "...stop using every word and idea that they (the nazis) appropriated." Do not apologise for or excuse someone's use of offensive and provocative language and ideas.
    Rubbish.

    I don't know if you've been to Berlin, but there are a lot of buildings around (Olympics stadium is the first one that springs to mind, stunning building) that were built as signs of the Nazi's power. Guess what, no one minds. Same with the Autobahns. Same with the Iron Cross emblem. etc etc
    I wonder how many peopel 'offended' by bustacap have actually used in the past basf tapes or agfa film or that other great ig farben product zyklon b. :D
    Interesting side note. They also made the anti graffiti coating for the Monument To The Murdered Jews Of Europe. I think they gave if for free for a bit of good PR.
  • Aldi is full of freakin' Nazis. And its shite.

    BB forever.

    GODWINS, GODWINS, GODWINS. :lol:

    Ha, served on a platter for you Frank with french-fried potatoes. :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Aldi is full of freakin' Nazis. And its shite.

    BB forever.

    GODWINS, GODWINS, GODWINS. :lol:

    Ha, served on a platter for you Frank with french-fried potatoes. :D

    It was the fries wot done it 'onest. :D
    Tail end Charlie

    The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Aldi is full of freakin' Nazis. And its shite.

    BB forever.

    GODWINS, GODWINS, GODWINS. :lol:

    Ha, served on a platter for you Frank with french-fried potatoes. :D

    It was the fries wot done it 'onest. :D

    Wiv gravy and T'Barm cake or do you have buns ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • i got through 4 of what looked around 15-20 jackets for him to rudely grab my hand and say "no im buying these" This annoyed me, not only cos he was taking pretty much every jacket there but the fact he grabbed me!

    Isnt that assault?
    Winter Road - 2014 Boardman Sport
    MTB - 2012 Canyon Nerve XC 7
    Summer Road - 2012 Cannondale Supersix 105 Liquigas Colours
  • Aldi is full of freakin' Nazis. And its shite.

    BB forever.

    GODWINS, GODWINS, GODWINS. :lol:

    Ha, served on a platter for you Frank with french-fried potatoes. :D

    It was the fries wot done it 'onest. :D

    Wiv gravy and T'Barm cake or do you have buns ?
    Cobs.
    Tail end Charlie

    The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
Sign In or Register to comment.