Ryder Cup

2»

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Hmm.

Ah well. Golf obviously not for me. Feels similar to darts in the 'tactics' stake. Only without hilariously chavy wives getting overwrought and outstanding 'coming onto the stage' songs.

dont forget the gold chains an bracelets too
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Hmm.

Ah well. Golf obviously not for me. Feels similar to darts in the 'tactics' stake. Only without hilariously chavy wives getting overwrought and outstanding 'coming onto the stage' songs.

Don't think golf is in a position to comment on anything satorial.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Hmm.

Is that like sartorial?
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Hmm.

Is that like sartorial?
    Or like cycling? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I'd like to take up golf but I can't see how I can afford the time with cycling, family and work. Can it be done?
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Hmm.

far, far different from darts....... The pressure is enormous. Its one of the biggest sports about, and what those guys cope with is really immense. Yes, there can be *some* tactics in darts but not in the same league as golf. Like the cycling anology, as it seems to sum it up a lot better. The Ryder Cup has become a huge thing now, with Continental/National pride at stake.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • I'd like to take up golf but I can't see how I can afford the time with cycling, family and work. Can it be done?

You could manage it but for me it means no more cycling at weekends. Do household chores Saturday morning golf Saturday afternoon and spend all day Sunday at home with the boy. I can ride everyday during the week so a decent trade off at the moment. You would be surprised how much physically a round can take out of you.
    Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
    FCN 4