Arm warmers/leg warmers, what's the point ?

2»

Comments

• Used to wear them, don't see the point now. I wear a long sleeved base layer under my jersey for cold days and a short sleeved jersey for hot days. If t starts nippy and warms up i just wear a gilet over a long sleeve jersey, it's never too hot for a long sleeve jersey until the depths of summer, when in SE australia it's often 20+ degrees in the morning anyway.
    Leg warmers are just stupid IMO, if it's that cold you need proper winter fleecy bits over your thighs. If it's an inbetweeny day where it starts cool and warms up just wear tights. Either way you have to stop to take the leg warmers off so you may as well be in tights (assuming you're wearing overtights...not tights with amn integrated chamois). They always creep down your legs anyway.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Leg warmers are just stupid IMO, if it's that cold you need proper winter fleecy bits over your thighs. If it's an inbetweeny day where it starts cool and warms up just wear tights. Either way you have to stop to take the leg warmers off so you may as well be in tights (assuming you're wearing overtights...not tights with amn integrated chamois). They always creep down your legs anyway.

Not so; you are very wrong there. For example, at the moment, it's cold enough in the mornings that I want my legs covered but I certainly don't want any additional layers anywhere else. Tights would be far too hot. And my leg warmers stay put! At least for a couple of hours anyway - might have to make some adjustment then but I can cope with that. Besides, there are plenty of days where it stays cold but not fleecy cold all day.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Chris James
    Chris James Posts: 1,040
    I must admit I find leg warmers a bit pointless.

I like arm warmers and kneewarmers but when it is chilly enough for my lower shins to be covered then I also will want a bit of extra material around mupper thighs and groin and so will put tights on.

It has to be single digits for me to wear a jersey. Current sort of weather (starts off coldish but warms up to 12 degrees or so) is prefect for arm / knee warmers and gilets in my opinion.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    No, leg warmers are great and very versatile! Love them with 3/4 knicks or roubaix shorts, great autumn wear.