Anyone from the Leigh, Hindley, Westhoughton areas??

Bulldog77
Bulldog77 Posts: 28
edited January 2014 in Road beginners
Good morning all

Ive just ordered myself a new Trek Madone 2.1 after many year out of the saddle, was seeing if there is anyone local who manages to get out during weekdays, who wouldnt mind having a newbie towing along with them!
I work shifts and have a young children so weekdays are ideal for me!
Give me a shout and you can have a laugh at me with all the gear and no idea :)

Dave

Comments

• mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    I used to work up that way and it's crap. HTH.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • There are some members of CCC from over that area & we do frequent rides out through Westhoughton, Hindley & onwards to Chester

http://www.chorleycyclingclub.co.uk/

There is an intro ride every 2nd Sat if you want to get used to riding with a group & the pace is set by the slowest rider.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Moved up to uni in Newcastle now; but hail from Westhoughton. Rivington is ok for the climbs, otherwise get yourself over to the Trough of Bowland and back, or out on the flatlands to Southport
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I live in Leigh and quite often go out at daytime during the week (2 or 3 times) but the times differ depending on work. I generally do one of the following three rides which which all pass through Leigh/Lowton/Abram/Hindley/Atherton/Worsley

http://app.strava.com/rides/22680933
    http://app.strava.com/rides/23291974
    http://app.strava.com/rides/20925756

P
  • Hi

I am from Leigh and get out over Rivington or round the cheshire lanes most sunday mornings with a few other lads. Early start at 7am and back before the kids are up

Give us a shout if you wanna tag along - more the merrier
  • Cheers for the replies :) once the bike is here I will message you!!
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    polska1979 wrote:
    Hi

I am from Leigh and get out over Rivington or round the cheshire lanes most sunday mornings with a few other lads. Early start at 7am and back before the kids are up

I'd be up for that :D I'm doing the Manc - Blackpool midnight ride tonight though so I'm hoping to be tucked up in bed by 07:00 tomorrow morning. Where do you normally meet up ?

Cheers
    Paul
  • PaulMon wrote:
    polska1979 wrote:
    Hi

I'd be up for that :D I'm doing the Manc - Blackpool midnight ride tonight though so I'm hoping to be tucked up in bed by 07:00 tomorrow morning. Where do you normally meet up ?

Cheers
    Paul

Hi, I live in lowton and usually ride on Sat and Sun mornings. Would be up for meeting a few local riders.

Cheers
    Steve
  • From Leigh as well. And Im doing the Manchester to Blackpool night ride tonight, although god knows why
  • All depends on where we are heading, if off over rivington then usually meet at the sportsman. If cheshire then either the greyhound or toby carvery at lane head.

Drop us a dm and I can give you my email or moby
  • wilky27
    wilky27 Posts: 200
    polska1979 wrote:
    All depends on where we are heading, if off over rivington then usually meet at the sportsman. If cheshire then either the greyhound or toby carvery at lane head.

Drop us a dm and I can give you my email or moby
    Im from Leigh. Can I play ??
  • I'm from Astley......I'm up for it too !!!

Going from Greyhound or Toby sounds good !!!!
  • Good to know that there are some many peeps local :)
    Hopefully should have my shiny new steed by weekend!
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Anyone from the Leigh, Hindley, Westhoughton areas??

No. Sorry.
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    I`m a Leyther,born and bred.Now live in Lowton.Though i need a few more hours in the saddle before i can join you guys.
    Soon but not yet.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Davdandy
    Did any of you guys get together.I have only just restarted after the winter lay off,no excuse i know,i`m a bad boy.

And are you still riding out?
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Davdandy
    Its an old thread but thought i would rekindle it now the new year is upon us.

Anyone else from these areas?

And do any of you go on Leighlife?
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1