Where did Bassjunkie go?

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,314
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Haven't see him post in a long while.

Is he still around?
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    You mean you don't follow him on youtube?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,337
    His input on the snip thread would have been pertinent.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    I always wonder whether it's fish or low notes that he's particularly fond of
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Bassjunkie doesn't like riding a bike and talking about it on the Internet.

What he likes doing is:

Complaining about every single motorised vehicle that overtakes him. Or creeps into the ASL. Or burns Amber. Or does something marginally wrong or in breach of the highway code. This has now extended to bicycles as well.

Legend has it that he now only exists to ride his bike looking for cars to overtake him so he can spend his time arguing with them, complaining about them to MPs and posting footage of the overtake so he can complain it some more.

I often wonder if he still enjoys riding a bike.

One such footage did demonstrate that he hasn't lost any of his bike handling skills though.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Bassjunkie doesn't like riding a bike and talking about it on the Internet.

There is a classic horror film about a ventriloquist dummy which is haunted/possessed and enslaved the ventriloquist.

Maybe helmet cams are the same.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rjsterry wrote:
    His input on the snip thread would have been pertinent.

Brilliant!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I think its fair to assume he's a naysayer on getting the snip otherwise he would have had one about six kids ago!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    One such footage did demonstrate that he hasn't lost any of his bike handling skills though.
    That dodge was absolutely fantastic, truly impressive. Someone did the same to me and I just ploughed into the side of the car! :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    bails87 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    That dodge was absolutely fantastic, truly impressive. Someone did the same to me and I just ploughed into the side of the car! :lol:
    Link?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited September 2012
    bails87 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yeah he was going a fair wack. When I was watching it I was torn between not being bothered to dodge and if I dodge I'm just going skid out and land on the floor anyway - better to take the drivers insurance with me...

Despite those skills he still hit that Porsche and I'm sure he could have missed that needing less poise and guile.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    bails87 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Not this one then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyVP3073Ug&feature=plcp
  • Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • bails87
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Link?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2s7iw- ... ata_player
    MTB/CX

• bails87 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Link?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2s7iw- ... ata_player

Ouch!
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • Thought this one was rather nifty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhrJ2O ... ature=plcp
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • bails87
    Indeed. It was in feckin' May and I can still feel it! :evil:
    MTB/CX

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    bails87 wrote:
    Indeed. It was in feckin' May and I can still feel it! :evil:
    I like the way that they wait until he is within striking distance before doing the turn.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • bails87
    daviesee wrote:
    I like the way that they wait until he is within striking distance before doing the turn.
    :lol: :roll:

I know. I expected the car to just go when it reached the junction. But I saw she'd stopped and was obviously waiting for me to go before she turned so thought it was safe to keep pedalling! Just before she starts moving, the silver car behind her (the one whose wheels turn at the end of the video to drive around me and leave the scene of the collision while I'm still lying on the ground going "oooooowwwww") beeped his horn at her. He obviously didn't know I was there*, but she did, so I'd rather she'd ignored the horn and used her brain.

*That said, I've met that driver before, he nearly hit me due to him not looking, then deliberately drove at me twice, in front of numerous witnesses who confirmed what had happened to the police, who sent him a letter asking him to drive more carefully if he didn't mind ever so much thankyou please. So maybe he did know I was there and is just a c**t. I suspect he his because he drove off without even sticking his head out of the window to say "y'alright?"
    MTB/CX