How many "I'm having a baby" threads will Il Principe post?

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
So we've had the general announcement (and big congrats to you Il P)
We've had the 'I'm going to be a dad so recommend me a 10 seat people carrier' thread
And we've had the 'Should I go to having a baby classes' thread.
all inside one week.

I think there is potential for this to run and run!

Even DDD wasn't this bad :lol:
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    :lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Leave him. It's a big adjustment. But expect the following:

'Car seat thread?'
    'Pushchair thread?' - which should be merged with the above.
    'What cot?' - To which I'll reply, "Moses basket mate!"
    'She's batshit mental, I'm afraid?'
    'How many Cycling Plus magazines should I bring when she's in labour?'
    And the inevitable - 'Should I have sex now she's 6 months gone?' and 'Will I ever have sex again now the baby is here?' - The answer is "No and no"
    'I'm a Dad'
    'When can a baby start cycling?'
    'Does Pinarello and Cestelli do a baby range?'
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DDD was responsible for the new car thread though, he's just doing new topics by stealth.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,337
    I'm wondering when he'll get a Hamax for the Dogma - well, maybe the Pearson.

3LC/Box Hill with child seat?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    dhope wrote:
    DDD was responsible for the new car thread though, he's just doing new topics by stealth.
    'Trolling by proxy' actually!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    'Trolling by proxy' actually!
    :lol:
  • Very droll.

I like to be organised well in advance, and trust the opinions of a few of you on here. :D
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    rjsterry wrote:

The two people I know who do 3LC's with a trailer have PB's of ~66 minutes and ~74 minutes. With a child seat I'd be a lot faster as the trailer is the real PITA with aerodynamics. It's a great workout with a baby.

With a trailer I've done 8:08 up Box Hill on my one attempt - which I was very disappointed with, I saw another cyclist going up there the other day but I don't know what he did.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Very droll.

I like to be organised well in advance, and trust the opinions of a few of you on here. :D

Seriously

This lot?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • veronese68
    Very droll.

Seriously

This lot?
    That's what I thought. I can only speak for myself, but I can't recommend paying any heed to any opinions of mine.
    Also, does this thread count towards the total number of IP baby threads?
  • jibberjim wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

The two people I know who do 3LC's with a trailer have PB's of ~66 minutes and ~74 minutes. With a child seat I'd be a lot faster as the trailer is the real PITA with aerodynamics. It's a great workout with a baby.

With a trailer I've done 8:08 up Box Hill on my one attempt - which I was very disappointed with, I saw another cyclist going up there the other day but I don't know what he did.

Now this i like. I can see issues with the missus though. Given I've been clobbered by a car I think a trailer may be a tough sell. Might start work on her this week...
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Leave him. It's a big adjustment. But expect the following:
    'Does Pinarello and Cestelli do a baby range?'
    Of course they do. Mini IP will deserve nothing less!

tumblr_m7m95byVSp1qzo6t3o1_500.jpg
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Now this i like. I can see issues with the missus though. Given I've been clobbered by a car I think a trailer may be a tough sell. Might start work on her this week...

Under 200 quid for our Burley Bee. Of course I use it less than Maryka so it wasn't a super tough sell.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • I'm waiting for the "I'm having kittens" threads
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    jibberjim wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Tag-a-long when they are bigger. There is a bloody strava segment on the NCN5 where we go cycling with the kids. Might have a go with little miss in tow when there is a favourable tailwind - 25mph is possible on the MTB. Tag-a-long warning sticker says 15 mph max - smashed that a few times !!!

Oh and start worrying when you've got a house with a garage and no. 2 kid arrives - Bikes in Garage time. That said, the missus car got kicked out of the garage soon after ! :twisted:
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    rjsterry wrote:

Il P in a few years time? Bloke I saw on La Toussuire/Sybelles in July. Now that's doing it the hard way, full suss MTB, knobblies and a loaded trailer

la_toussuire_10.jpg
    FCN = 4
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Very droll.

WTF?

Internet forum people?
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Very droll.

Really? For gods sake man, you are going to be a father, show some responsibility ...
  • veronese68
    I did a bit of off roading with my son on a tag-along. Only had one fall, I think. We were lying on the deck and he looked at me a bit puzzled and I laughed. He then laughed and I saw he had a mouth full of mud off my back tyre. Ooops.
    Also went over the jumps next to Teddington Lock with him on that. Didn't get airborn, but it was still fun and he loved it.