Noobie bought a cube

bunji81
bunji81 Posts: 10
edited December 2012 in MTB beginners
Hey all, I've been ambling around on the Apollo Halfruds specials for a little while, how ever I ve just taken the plunge on buying a new bike and decided to go for the Cube Race Ltd 29er (Thankyou Cycle2Work Scheme) :)
Can anyone give some good advice on the best way to handle a 29er, and what should I expect?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Gently with a candlelit dinner and fine wine but don't take any nonesense
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Expect in the face if you push her too far and too fast.....build up to it slowly.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Lube, LOTS of Lube.
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • damn right, gotta lube up your cube...it helps with the back 9 for sure
  • erm........... ok
  • cooldad
    Ignoring all the idiots, how's the bike?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • How did you get a LTD Race on C2W....it's £1049? The limit is £1000! I had to settle for a Pro 29 and a bottle cage for £999 :evil:
  • How did you get a LTD Race on C2W....it's £1049? The limit is £1000! I had to settle for a Pro 29 and a bottle cage for £999 :evil:
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    You can add your own funds to it
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • cooldad
    Technically you can't but some dealers will do it.
    If your company has a credit licence you can spend anything.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • kammybear
    kammybear Posts: 500
    bunji81 wrote:
    Hey all, I've been ambling around on the Apollo Halfruds specials for a little while, how ever I ve just taken the plunge on buying a new bike and decided to go for the Cube Race Ltd 29er (Thankyou Cycle2Work Scheme) :)
    Can anyone give some good advice on the best way to handle a 29er, and what should I expect?

AWWW Snap!

Did the same a few weeks ago!

I would play around with it in an open space and take it XC rather than red routes right away. I made that mistake and couldnt handle it in the twistys at all. The handlebars are also REALLY wide. 740mm is shitloads!

It's an awesome bike though! I need to still get used to it!
  • Yup, I added my own funds to it, the only other problem is that I had to plumb for the 2012 Cube Ltd SL.
    Still loving the bike just not what I originally wanted.