Cuba/usa.

freddiegrubb
freddiegrubb Posts: 448
edited September 2012 in The cake stop
Today (wed.)sitting in the sun at the Coniston cafe stop my riding mate was discussing a holiday in Cuba (proposed) & I now wonder if they stamped your p/port would you be allowed in the U.S.A. at a later date .

Comments

• Yes. Went to Cuba 3 years ago and have been to the u.s twice since with no problems
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    From what I've heard the only problems have been if you travel between Israel and Arab countries. To get around this, I know people who got two passports.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • There is one place in Cuba that the Yanks don't allow people to enter the USA from regardless of what sort of passport they have - it's called Guantanamo Bay.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,366
    ben@31 wrote:
    From what I've heard the only problems have been if you travel between Israel and Arab countries. To get around this, I know people who got two passports.

I've been from Egypt, to Israel and back and then to USA - no problems
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • laurentian wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:

Now try and get back into Egypt.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • There is no risk at all (although this presumes that you are not American!). In Cuba, they generally don't stamp your passport, and they won't if you ask them not to.

If I recall, it is not illegal for US citizens to visit cuba - rather, it is illegal to spend money there, without permission from the US government. Plenty of US citizens visit cuba, illegally or legally, generally by going through the Dominican Republic or Mexico, although there are two direct flights a day between miami and Havana.

If you do go to Cuba, remember that they are funny about people taking things like GPS systems in.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,366
    laurentian wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:

Done!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    laurentian wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:

The problem isnt with Egypt as Egypt recognises the state of Israel. The problems are with those Arab countries that dont recognise Israel - a lot do now following the Oslo peace accords (Jordan, I think) but I bet you'd have problems with the Gulf states, Iran, maybe also Cuba too.
  • Try going from Iran to the US.....

The way I got questioned when I arrived in Boston from Heathrow in April. If you arrived from Tehran they'd probably just shoot you at the terminal gate. :shock:

Or it could be because I possibly look middle-eastern (so I've been told :? ) even though my grandparents are from the Caribbean and my other grandparents at from North London.
    Trek 1.1c (2012) - For commuting
    Trek Madone 5.5c (2010) - For pleasure http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o62 ... G_0413.jpg
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    Cuba didn't actually stamp the passports when I went, they gave you a slip of paper to put in it
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight